CMS to Host ICD-10 Conference Call
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) will host a national provider conference call on "ICD-10 Implementation in a 5010 Environment" on Tuesday, June 15, from noon to 2 p.m. EST.
The conference call will be geared toward medical coders, physician office staff, provider billing staff, health records staff, vendors, educators, system maintainers and all Medicare fee-for-service (FFS) providers.
The following topics will be discussed during the presentation:
- ICD-10 implementation for services provided on and after Oct. 1, 2013
- Benefits of ICD-10
- Differences between ICD-10 and ICD-9-CM codes
- Tools for converting codes - General Equivalence Mappings (GEMs)
- Proposal to freeze ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 code updates except for new technologies and diseases
HIPAA Version 5010
- General Overview HIPAA version 5010 and D.0 and who is impacted
- Compliance dates
- 5010 scope versus ICD-10 Scope
- What you need to do to prepare
- Medicare FFS implementation of HIPAA version 5010 and D.0
- Impact on paper claim forms
This toll-free teleconference will include a question and answer session that will give call participants an opportunity to ask questions of CMS subject matter experts.
Registration information for this national provider conference call will be announced soon, so hold the June 15 date now for this informative provider conference call.
Additional information about ICD-10/5010 can be found on the CMS web site.