What Are Your Goals at AHIMA 2013?
With less than two weeks to go, do you have your AHIMA game plan figured out? As always, there's a lot to do - and learn - so it requires a bit of forethought.
ICD-10 likely will be top of mind for many, and participants will be looking for tips and tools to make their next move or fill in the gaps on preparation and training. As to the latter, here are some key questions you may want to ask yourself:
- Do you have coding and awareness training in place for ALL your users and stakeholders, from coders to doctors to C-Suite?
- Have you taken into consideration their learning preferences?
- Have you built in time to fill in learning gaps well before the implementation date?
- What are you greatest fears? Non-compliance? Backlogs? Specialty coding? An inadequate budget? Not enough coders?
- Do you have a clear understanding of how ICD-10 intersects with overall HIM and CDI goals? With meaningful use? With reform mandates?
As we've said before, it helps to know what you don't know when working with a change as profound as ICD-10. Asking the right questions up front can go a long way in assuring a successful transition.
So, we ask: What's on your mind as the ICD-10 countdown continues?