Active Aging Week 2008
The International Council on Active Aging (ICAA)
is sponsoring Active Aging Week September 22 - 28. The theme is "Choose an Active Life!" This annual health promotion event is dedicated to introducing older adults to a healthy and active lifestyle.
Get in on the fun by planning some events in your community that encourage physical, intellectual and social well-being. Some of the plans other facilities have in the works include:
- Wii tournaments
- Games for physical and mental agility
- Open houses, free classes and demonstrations
- Fitness classes, yoga, tai chi, bicycling, walks and hikes
- Bowling, billiards and paddle ball
- Treasure hunts, tournaments
- Health fairs, seminars on health topics, screenings
For more resources, see the Active Aging Week site.