Diligence and Prevention Can Relieve Pet Allergies
No amount of cleaning can eliminate animal allergens. Billions of them are present in every home (even those without pets). Vacuuming and scrubbing can reduce the count momentarily, but within seconds they usually start to accumulate again.
Nevertheless, pet owners with allergies do have options.
Amazing Solutions, the online shopping site of Premiere Enterprises, a California-based manufacturer and distributor of all-natural, environmentally friendly personal healthcare products, recommends a proactive, preventive strategy that can reduce animal allergen counts to tolerable levels, and keep them there longer. They offer the following six tips:
1. Use non-toxic anti-allergy products because harsh chemicals can actually aggravate allergies. Amazing Solutions makes Easy Air Organic Allergy Relief Spray and Easy Air Organic Laundry Rinse, liquid formulations that destroy pet allergens for up to four weeks. They can be purchased individually or together in an Allergy Relief Combo Pack.
2. Regularly bathe and shampoo pets. It will reduce airborne cat allergens by 50% and dog allergens over 80%.
3. Dogs especially benefit from grooming after an active day because excitement and stress cause them to produce more allergens.
SEE ALSO Researchers Develop Vaccine for Dust Mites
4. Cat owners should moisten their pet's fur before grooming sessions because moisture helps to deactivate more allergens.
5. Spaying or neutering cats definitely reduces the production of allergy-provoking proteins in both males and females (and makes them better-behaved house pets).
6. Clean and change cat boxes frequently, as protein allergens are abundant in feline urine and ***.
Do you have any other tips for ameliorating.pet allergens, before Fido has to go?