How to Work a Room
Networking has become an important part of finding a new job or even advancing in your current position or overall career. Attending events with your colleagues is always a great time to network. However, sometimes people feel embarrassed, shy or uncomfortable when it comes time to network.
Susan RoAne, author of How to Work a Room, tells readers to remember the professional payoffs that come with networking:
- Perceived as powerful and in control.
- Established communications/connection/rapport.
- Increased resource base/potential clients.
- Gained insight; learned new information.
- Increased business opportunities.
- Enhanced career options
- Had fun!
What have been your experiences with networking? Please share here!