We're Looking for Writers!
ADVANCE accepts original articles by members of the laboratory profession, professional writers and members of related healthcare professions that have not already been submitted to other publications. All technical material is reviewed by an editorial consultant prior to acceptance. Once accepted, manuscripts become the property of ADVANCE for Medical Laboratory Professionals and cannot be reproduced elsewhere without permission from the editor.
ADVANCE welcomes article submissions in the following areas:
• review articles summarizing published literature and clinical application of interesting or unusual diagnostics;
• articles about new and innovative approaches to clinical diagnostics;
• case studies detailing implementation of a new product or technique;
• articles related to total quality management, point-of-care testing, current management trends, laboratory marketing and regulatory and safety issues;
• articles specific to any laboratory specialty area, such as hematology, cytology, histology, chemistry, blood banking, genetics, molecular diagnostics, microbiology, phlebotomy and infectious diseases; or
• career- and student-focused features.
ADVANCE also welcomes letters to the editor, games (e.g., word searches and jumbles) and guest editorials.
Preparing the Manuscript
Articles should be approximately 1,000 words in length, depending on subject matter, and be submitted via e-mail as a Word document. Illustrations, photographs and charts are encouraged to complement the article. Color images are preferred; color or black-and-white prints are acceptable in some instances. If sending graphics via e-mail, they should be saved as separate JPG files at 260 or higher DPI resolution. All accompanying materials should be labeled to provide appropriate credit to the originator. Suggested captions are required. The article should follow the writing guidelines set forth in the Associated Press Stylebook and Libel Manual and common English usage.
Degrees and accreditations, professional titles and current position also should be included. All statements based on publishing findings should be referenced appropriately. References should be listed in numerical order in the text and at the end of the article. Articles not meeting submission criteria will be returned for reformatting at the Editor's discretion.
Send submissions to: Matthew T. Patton, Editor (email@example.com).