10 Must Haves: Kerri
Kerri Hatt, managing editor of ADVANCE for Medical Laboratory Professionals
shares her must haves:
- Someone who never fails to put a smile on my face is my dog, Cooper. A 2-year old yorkiepoo, Cooper is a 12-pound fluffball who loves to cuddle and is very generous with his kisses.
- I always like to be surrounded by photos. I have pictures from vacations all over my desk at work.
- One of my biggest interests is food! I love to try new recipes and going out to eat is one of my favorite hobbies. I’m not picky, either. About the only thing I don’t like is cilantro.
- From the time I was young, I have always played games with family or friends. From old traditionals, like Yahtzee, darts or hearts; to new favorites, like Wii golf or Catchphrase, I love a good game!
- I don’t think a single day goes by without sports playing a part in it, in the shape of watching a baseball, hockey or football game (or golf tournament) on television or preferably, in person. As a Massachusetts native who has spent the past 10 years in Philadelphia, I have my hands full pulling for the Red Sox, Patriots, Phillies, Eagles and Flyers.
- Whenever I find a free minute for myself, my favorite thing to do is relax with a good book. I like it all, from best sellers to historical fiction. I love anything that comes in a series, because I hate it when a good book is over!
- I feel restless if I don’t have a trip on the calendar. I love to travel, to visit friends, family, new cities or Caribbean islands.
- One thing I couldn’t live without is Microsoft Excel. I am huge on organization and I put everything into Excel, from to-do lists, to my editorial schedule for the ADVANCE Web site, to my wedding seating chart. Ingredient lists, holiday gift ideas, budgets, it all goes into Excel!
- Nothing helps me unwind better than some time outdoors, whether it's relaxing by a campfire, going for a swim or sitting on the dock watching the boats.
- Surely the best part of life is time spent with family and friends. I can’t live without catching up with my parents on the phone, visits with my brother, reunions with my high school and college friends and spending time with my husband.