Pack Your Bags for Atlanta
These tips were provided by ASCLS to help attendees when they start packing for their journey to Atlanta.
Come Prepared: Print and Bring Your Session Handouts
Click here to download and print the handouts for all sessions you plan to attend at the ASCLS Annual Meeting. No handouts will be provided onsite.
The handout Web page is password protected. Please use the password provided in your meeting registration confirmation letter to access the handouts.
Here are some other things you’ll want to pack for the meeting:
- Preliminary Program – It contains important information that will not be included in the on-site pocket program!
- Casual business attire
- Comfortable walking shoes – Long distances separate the meeting rooms and exhibit halls.
- Sweater/light jacket – Although Atlanta’s average high temperature in July is 89 degrees Fahrenheit (the average low is 67 degrees), meeting rooms can get chilly.
- Plane ticket/confirmation
- Cell phone/PDA/Blackberry and charger
- Laptop and charger (optional for checking e-mail and reviewing session handouts) – Please keep your laptops charged, as power strips will not be supplied in meeting rooms. Wireless Internet access is available in the hotel; access fees apply. There will also be an ASCLS Hot Spot with computers and free Internet access near the meeting registration area at the Omni Hotel.
- Your hotel confirmation number
- Your airline or travel agency phone number
- Parking: The Georgia World Congress Center offers parking for $10/day ($15 during major events). There is free shuttle service from parking lots to the convention center and back. ASCLS Annual Meeting events will be held in Building B of the convention center, and it is recommended that attendees park in the Red/International Deck. The Omni Hotel at CNN Center offers covered valet-only parking for $30, which includes in/out privileges.
Taxi Service: Taxi fares from the Atlanta/Hartsfield International Airport to downtown hotels are approximately $30 plus tip each way. Drive time to/from the airport is about 15 minutes.
- Airport Shuttles: Atlanta Airport Shuttle Service provides service from the airport to downtown hotels for $16.50 one way or $29 round trip. Reservations are required. Call 877-799-5282 or visit www.theatlantaairportshuttle.com.
- Public Transportation: MARTA train service fares are $2 each way. Take the train North to the Five Points Station. Take a Westbound train one stop to the CNN/GWCC Station. Walk through the CNN building to the Omni Hotel entrance.
Getting Around Atlanta
Visit www.atlanta.net for information about Atlanta attractions, restaurants, and more. Atlanta’s public transportation system, MARTA, is a convenient way to get around.