If you're not following us on Facebook, you're missing a lot of fun feedback. If you are, keep following and spread the word! The conversations are far from over.
We asked Facebook fans: If you could choose, would you rather get a raise or more time off?
Here are selected responses, copied verbatim without editing:
- A raise would enable me to pay off my debts more quickly. Please pray that at least one phone interview actually comes out of the several calls I have recently received from temporary agencies. (A traveling assignment would provide a SIGNIFICANT raise over my previous job, which did not pay for rent, utilities, groceries, or transportation.)
- A raise so I can take more time off and still pay my bills. :)
- It depends on how big the raise is....if it isn't enough to make a difference, then more time off will be welcome:)
- Depends on the amount of the raise and if it includes more responsibilities. But probably the raise....saving for retirement.
- A raise because Labatorians truly don't make much for the work we do.
- A raise and more recognition for other medical professionals!!!
- Raise, I can't use all my PTO now!
- Hmmm tough call...two kids in college = RAISE!
- A raise - we barely have enough staff to cover those who have been working in the lab for over 20 years and already have an abundant amount of PTO. I doubt I'd be able to use the extra PTO.
We've also got some great conversations happening on our Twitter and LinkedIn pages--chime in today!