NPs & PAs Are Talking – Facebook Fans, Presidential Election, NP Students, Expansion of the PA Profession
Our ADVANCE for NPs & PAs community is always growing and providing better feedback every week. Our social media goal this week is to hit 2,000 fans on Facebook. We're only 28 "likes" away! If you're not already following us, make sure to check out our page and let us know what you think. If you are, share our page with your colleagues and keep the discussion going.
Want to know what you'll be getting as an ADVANCE Facebook fan? Here is a sample of what we posted this week:
- Our student blogger Terry discusses what it's like to be a new nurse in an accelerated NP program. He doesn't always get along with the seasoned professionals in his classes!
- This NP is being detained in Macedonia after being accused of smuggling coins that were given to her as a gift while on a medical mission.
- On the home front, we have published the results of our 2012 Election Survey. Do you agree with the majority of respondents who plan to vote for Mitt Romney, but identify as Democrat?
- If you're an NP student who is about to graduate and enter the field, we want you to blog for us! Contact email@example.com for more information.
Of course, we love to hear from you in all our communities. Our articles were buzzing with thoughtful comments last week. Below are just a few of the articles you commented on:
- "We seem to make it harder and harder for nurses from less-privileged backgrounds to advance their educations and practices. A DNP is nice, but not necessary to NP practice. It's also been watered down so it's no longer a clinical practice degree as it is awarded to administrators and educators who think it's an easy way to a doctorate." - Leslie
- "I have been working/studying in the medical field for nearly 10 years and make only half of this! I have half a million in debt to education and will likely get just slightly more than the above salaries in job offers next year unless I take nursing home/inpatient/obstetric call and continue this 80 hours/week nightmare. Both NP and PAs have a good life and I am envious." - Jason M., D.O.
- "I have worked 10 years in the Middle East so far and I have an interest in expansion of our profession in other countries." - D. Mark Vradenburg, PA and nurse in the UK
If you're not chatting with us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, "like", "follow" and "connect" with us and start sharing in the conversations! If you are, keep following and spread the word.