Tips for Bright Eyes
Think bright eyes. Big
bright eyes. The kind that get attention, gain our trust and get the job done. Now we are all aware that we lose collagen as we age, and the delicate tissue around the eyes is no exception. As the skin thins, blood beneath the skin becomes more visible, forming dark circles. Try these skin-savvy tips to brighten those precious periorbits:
1. Make sure you are getting sleep. We call it "beauty sleep" for a reason. We put stress on our skin if we deprive it of the necessary time to renew and avoid outside stimulants.
2. Hydration is key. Drink your H20 and make sure your eyes are getting proper moisturization. Day spas are on to something - using cool gel packs or cucumbers on the eyes helps reduce the puffiness and swelling around the eyes that we associate with a tired look.
3. Incorporate skin care products into your daily routine with antioxidants such as Sonya Dakkar Bright Eyes, which contains antioxidants (vitamins A, C and E), soothing aloe vera and CoEnzyme Q10. Lumiere Riche eye balm is a new favorite of mine that uses growth factors to stimulate your own protein and collagen formation.
4. For best results in eye aesthetics, it is essential to balance great skincare with equally superb cosmetic products for concealing. Don't have a concealer you love? A favorite of mine is By Terry concealer. Not only is it soft to touch, it provides excellent coverage without congesting the skin. (Remember that magazines are Photoshopped and the work of seasoned make-up artists.)
5. Don't forget a nightly application of Latisse. Gorgeous lashes make the eye appear larger and more appealing. It's safe to say no one will be noticing any lines or circles.
Any tips or tricks you couldn't live without? Please share!