Haiti Update: Dean Says Help Is on the Ground at Nursing School
Dean Hilda Alcindor, RN, of Haiti's FSIL School of Nursing
offered words of hopefulness this morning in a communication to Marcia Lane, director of Haiti Nursing Foundation
. She tells of help that has finally started to arrive in Leogane. It follows, in part:
Hello all, FSIL is fulfilling its mission. Thank you to everyone. We are continuing with the medical clinic on the grounds of FSIL.
1. Relief team (27 persons) from Japan are working from the school: 4 docs and 7 nurses. They will perform surgeries. They have brought with them radiology, sonography and labs. They are sleeping in one of the dormitories
2. Doctors Without Borders did a lot of work yesterday -- debridement, splinting
3. Students continue with dressing changes, assessments, etc...
4. MINUSTAH has fixed the generator. Now we have power. They promised to fix the water pump today
5. Michele Sare, RN, [whose earlier letter was printed in this blog] just left to Port-au-Prince. She is supposed to leave Haiti today.
-- Hilda Alcindor