What I Won't Miss About My Nursing Job
My friend Tamara Mareno just had a heartbreaking, sudden job loss because her unit was being closed. She had worked there for 30+ years. With her permission, here are her thoughts at this time.
Now that all of my friends know what I will miss about the job I loved, here is what I WON'T miss...
1. I won't miss getting up at 0400...oh I'll be awake, (my husband isn't retired yet) but I won't have to get up, get dressed, get ready.
2. I won't miss planning holidays and family events and dinners and parties and cookouts around *MY* weekend to work and holiday schedule.
3. I won't miss "covering" my weekend myself when I take a vacation.
4. I won't miss A&T policies...I can be sick when I'm sick for as long as I'm actually sick. Yea...they had some weird rule about not wearing your jammies to work.
5. Purell can kiss my ass.
6. I won't miss white-knuckled drives in from where I live at 6 am when it's snowing, blowing, sleeting, freezing raining.
7. I won't miss CPR renewal days....yea...gettin' too old to spend 4 hours on the floor pressing down with all of my non-upper body strength on plastic people.
8. I won't miss holding my water some days until I no longer have to go....that's kinda scary, because....where did it go?
9. I won't miss night shift. Did more of those the past 6 months than ever. While I absolutely LOVE the staff on nights....not remembering how I got home in the morning frightened me.