Tuesday Tidbits - Feeding & Oral Motor Classes
With a new year upon us and with many of us having had to renew our licenses and/or certifications I thought it might be a good idea to share a list of classes in the area of feeding & oral motor to help with our CEU requirements. In the coming weeks and months I will share classes in other areas as well (sensory, NDT, behavioral, etc). I know that feeding and oral motor is an area of interest and one that can some times be difficult to find information and classes in - it also appears to be an area that families are requesting more help with.
The following classes are offered by Educational Resources, Inc.:
* Picky Eaters vs. Problem Feeders: The SOS Approach to Feeding
* Treating Complex Pediatric Feeding Disorders: Treating the Whole Child
* NICU and EI Feeding for Medically Fragile Children
* Feeding Frustrations: Innovative Strategies that work
* Feeding Disorders: The AEIOU Approach
* Mealtime Miseries: Management of Complex Feeding Issues
* Treatment Strategies for the Improvement of Oral Motor Feeding/Swallowing, and Respiratory Coordination Function
* Oral Motor, Feeding/Swallowing, and Respiratory Coordination Function in Children with Neuromotor Involvement
The following is offered through Motivations
* Pediatric Feeding and Oral Motor Disorders
The following is offered through ITI - Innovative Therapists International
* Level 1: 3-part Treatment Plan for Oral-Motor Therapy
* Feeding Therapy - A Sensory-Motor Approach
The following are offered through CIAO:
* Pediatric Feeding-The Big Picture 1 (Sensory, Motor and Behavioral issues with Feeding Disorders)
* Pediatric Feeding-The Big Picture 2 (Medical and Family Dynamics issues with Feeding Disorders)
* Effective Diagnosis and Treatment of Dysphagia in the 21st Century
These are just a few classes that I've been able to find but as I become aware of more I will share them in future blogs. I hope I have been able to share at least once class you might be interested in. I know that some of them tend to be expensive. The company I work for no longer offers reimbursement for classes so if anyone knows of other companies that offer less expensive but still educational and worthwhile ones please let me know and I'll share them with everyone.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you back again.