Last year I wrote a "Thankful Blog" including a list of things I was thankful for over the course of the year.
Likewise, I have many things to be thankful about this year. They include:
- Great patients, coworkers and managers -In just 5 short months of working, I've learned a great deal from the people I interact with at work. My patients have taught me to appreciate every day for the gift it is, my coworkers teach me to be a better therapist, and my managers have guided me to balance my work and personal growth.
- Supportive family - I can't ever thank my family enough for all their love. They cheer me on during difficult times and stand by me during my greatest accomplishments. As I once told my mom, I sparkle because they let me shine.
- Great health - I'm reminded of this blessing during each of my treatment sessions. I am physically and mentally capable of getting out of bed each day, of driving to work, of standing on my feet all day. Many people would consider this to be impossible.
- Endless opportunities -My clinical in Arizona earlier this year gave me a wonderful opportunity to travel with my mom and see new, amazing places. A closed door on a neurology residency opened new opportunities in the beginning of my career.
- Grace - There have been several experiences this year which have opened my eyes to the fact that we are but a small part of this world, and that a higher grace most certainly exists.
I hope reading my list inspires you to write your own. We can all be thankful.