Thanks! -From your Physical Therapist
Each year around this time I like to reflect on all of the blessings I've had. This Thanksgiving is no different - I am amazed at how lucky I have been and how many memories I have made. So, I encourage you to review your personal and professional blessings as well as to start imagining what the next year will bring.
My thanksgivings include:
1. My coworkers and mentors - who have taught me extensively about practicing in the ICU setting.
2. The leadership of my hospital - for allowing me the freedom to practice the interventions I prefer and giving me the time to implement those interventions appropriately.
3. My patients - for tolerating my interventions and helping me become a better physical therapist. For reminding me to think of the whole person and the bigger picture.
4. My friends and family for maximizing my fun time and adding more weight to my work/life balance.
5. My legs, for crossing the finish line of my half-marathon.
6. To Aruba, and soon to Royal Caribbean, for giving me my first-ever official vacation(s).
7. To 2011, for giving me more to look forward to.
8. To Chris, for everything.
Enjoy this time with your family and friends, and if you happen to be working this week, enjoy the time with your patients. We are all lucky to have jobs and even luckier to work in this rewarding field.