Products, Style & Advice for the Modern Healthcare Professional
Deal of the Fortnight: Novelty Bike Clock
Want to take a piece of spin class home with you?
I put my gymphobia away for this deal of the fortnight, a bite-sized novelty bike clock. I chose this because it's under $10, shiny (it doesn't take much to amuse me on a Tuesday) and would make a great gift.
The gymphobia is pretty bad, too, so even posting this as the deal caused flashbacks to a college class I took in exercise and sport science. When I signed up for the class, I imagined I'd learn about nutrition, the right ways to exercise and honestly, have a pretty easy A. I didn't anticipate the parts of the class where we actually had to go to the college gym, and I also underestimated my fear of workout equipment, physical activity and people in much better shape than me.
The first time our class headed to the gym, when the professor was distracted, I ducked my head and ran (oh, the irony) out of the gym and back to my dorm. She didn't notice, but became a bit suspicious when I did this every single time, and I soon found myself in a one-on-one remedial course on How to Go to the Gym. Embarrassment.
Even though I promise myself that I will sign up for that spin/yoga/zumba/pilates/whatever-the-newest-thing-is-class, it never happens, and I'm always reminded of awkward times in high school gym class and those dreadful moments running out of the gym in college. To make the deal of the fortnight easier on me, I picked out the best attributes of the stationary bike clock.
- Doesn't need to be wiped down after use.
- The stationary bike clock is too small to hang laundry on (a typical use of exercise equipment, from what I understand).
- No infomercial pitch, although it will conveniently fit under your bed.
- If you ever get shrunk, a la a bad ‘80s movies, you'll have a way to stay in shape thanks to this novelty bike clock.
- Elves and/or mice in your office at night can use it to get their exercise in.
- Tells time.
- Would make a great gift for a spin class friend.
- Can double as a quick mirror if you're in a pinch and heading to a meeting.
And the novelty bike clock is a steal at only $9.99. If you get a bunch, your elves/mice can start their own spin classes after dark. I hope they have more motivation than I do.