Veggie Dishes for Picky Eaters
Here are two very simple vegetable based recipes for picky eaters to enjoy! Both require just a few basic ingredients and are easy to prepare. Pieces are also tiny enough for little hands and mouths to handle independently! Both dishes are favorites in my home, and I hope they will be in yours!
You will need:
- Fresh baby carrots (I buy the bagged carrots found in the produce aisle, not frozen)
- Cut the baby carrots into small pieces - approximately 2 cups, depending on how many you are feeding!
- Steam the carrots until they are soft and easy for a young child to chew.
- Once they are finished steaming, drain water and add in approximately 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir well so that all the carrots are evenly coated with a light layer of butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and stir completely until the spice is evenly distributed to all the carrots.
- Serve warm, eat, and enjoy!
- Cinnamon carrots are a wonderful addition to any dish. We love them best with ham and pork products.
- Cutting the baby carrots into tiny pieces allows little fingers to be able to pick them up easily. In addition, children do not need to bite into them, but can simply chew each piece.
Cheesy Broccoli Bites
You will need:
- Fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
- Parmesan cheese
- Bread Crumbs (optional, but recommended!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam the broccoli so it is soft and easy for little mouths to bite and chew.
- Drain the water, and generously butter the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish.
- Lay broccoli evenly on the bottom of the dish. (Cut down large broccoli florets, and do not layer so broccoli bakes evenly.)
- Drizzle cheddar cheese soup on the broccoli, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Shake a light coating of breadcrumbs on top of the broccoli (optional).
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes to allow the cheese soup to cook and the breadcrumbs to turn crispy and light golden brown.
- Serve warm, eat and enjoy!
- Delicious over rice or pasta!
- We love them best with poultry and/or fish!