Recipe: Muffin Minis
Last Friday I shared my friend's Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Muffin recipe which she made for my girls and I during one of our summer play dates. It is scrumptious with a nice variety of spices and texture! Today I would like to share my own MINI Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin recipe, which my two year old picky eating daughter loves to both bake and eat! Plus, we use a mini muffin pan, so they are bite-sized for her. It is a recipe I have used several times; however I have recently experimented with it and have changed some of the ingredients to make it healthier and more moist. Enjoy! It has become a real favorite in our home!
MINI Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
You will need:
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup of quick oats
½ cup of sugar
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup of unsweetened apple sauce
1 large egg
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3 tablespoons of skim milk
Mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray muffin tin cups with nonstick cooking spray. (Makes approximately 36 mini muffins)
2. In a bowl mix together all the wet ingredients: the apple sauce, the mashed bananas, egg and milk. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl mix together the whole wheat and the all-purpose flour, the oats, sugar, baking soda, salt and walnuts. Gradually add this mixture to the wet ingredients.
4. Mix everything together until creamy and even
5. Spoon the batter into each muffin cup filling it approximately ¾ of the way
6. Sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on top of each muffin
7. Bake approximately 10-15 minutes
8. Let cool and enjoy with a tall glass of milk
This is a great recipe to make with young children. They can peel and mash the bananas, scoop the oats, flour and sugar, chop the walnuts and stir everything together! My daughter also loves to sprinkle the mini chips on top!
If you prefer to make larger muffins, lower the oven temp to 350 degrees and let muffins cook approximately 20-25 minutes to ensure they are cooked thoroughly. Happy Baking!