Recipe: Heart-Shaped Foods
Kids love eating foods that are holiday friendly and Valentine's Day is the perfect time of year to bring this concept to life! There are so many ideas for heart shaped foods out there! Just take a glance at Facebook and Pinterest and you will see endless ideas for making heart-shaped foods. Kids LOVE this idea and what a great way to engage an otherwise picky eater! Here is an extensive list of ways you can make everyday foods heart-shaped this weekend to keep the Valentine's Day love (and eating!) alive through the weekend!
- Heart-shaped Red Jello - AKA "Jello Jigglers" which is made easily by pouring liquid Jello into a shallow sheet pan. Let Jello harden in the refrigerator and then use heart-shaped cookies cutter to cut-out your own jiggling heart-shaped Jello shapes
- Heart-shaped sandwiches - you can put anything from peanut butter and jelly to cheese and baloney between two slices of bread! Make your sandwich as normal and then use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to give your homemade creation a little extra love.
- Heart-shaped pancakes - Make simple round pancakes. Let cool slightly and use heart-shaped cookie cutters to cut out hearts of all sizes!
- Heart-shaped fruit and veggies - cut hearts into solid slices of pineapples, pears, apples, zucchini and cucumbers. The possibilities are endless!
- Heart-shaped Pizzas - Roll out Pillsbury pizza dough. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the crust. Decorate the individual crusts with sauce, cheese, seasoning and whatever else your little one loves and bake to perfection!
- Heart Shaped Tarts - Roll out Pillsbury crescent dough. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the crust and bake. Spread cream cheese and your favorite fruit preserve on top and enjoy!
- Heart-shaped French toast - Make your family's favorite French toast recipe. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut each slice of bread. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, decorate with fresh fruit and enjoy!
- Heart-shaped Cookies and Brownies - The easiest way to do this may be to invest in a heart-shaped cookie/muffin pan and fill each little heart pocket with your favorite cookie/brownie/muffin batter. Bake to perfection and enjoy!
Hope Everyone had a Very Happy Valentine's Day!