Recipe: Homemade Cheddar Cheese Burgers
Happy July 4th America!!!
Today I'd like to share my own delicious sharp cheddar cheese burger recipe that my girls and my husband all love. It's a great recipe for a summer holiday weekend and when hosting a BBQ. I made these earlier this week and was shocked when my picky eater 4 year old and my 2 year old BOTH ate the burgers, bun and all! Both girls could be heard "mmmm"-ing as they savored this fantastic dish!
You will need:
- 2 lbs. lean ground meat (at least 85% lean)
- ¼- ½ cup A1 steak sauce
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Potato bread hamburger rolls
- A griddle-type ridged pan or indoor/outdoor grill
- Place the lean ground meat in a large bowl. Break up the meat using utensils or your hands (make sure they are washed!).
- Season the meat with A1 steak sauce and balsamic vinegar and mix thoroughly with both liquids to soften the meat (this step could be done several hours ahead of time to help marinade the meat; however, seasoning the meat right before cooking it will be delicious as well).
- Continue seasoning with the sea salt, pepper and garlic powder - a few shakes of each. Mix again thoroughly. Make sure you have mixed the burger meat well so that it is soft and almost mushy. You do not want chunks of unseasoned meat ruining your burgers!
- Shape the burgers into round patties and set aside.
- If cooking in your kitchen, warm the griddle pan and melt butter generously to prevent burgers from sticking.
- Place patties onto the griddle and cook thoroughly (I like to flip my burgers a few times to coat the outside with butter, giving them a really tasty flavor).
- Place the buns on the burgers and/or the griddle to help warm and season them as well.
- Seer the burgers at the end by raising the heat to high.
- Reduce heat to low and place cheddar cheese on now. Cover lightly for about 2 minutes so cheese melts.
- Place your burgers onto the wonderfully soft, warm and seasoned potato rolls and enjoy!
*IF you are cooking this on an outdoor grill, use a grill friendly pan or tin foil to support the burgers so that you can cook the burgers with some butter on them. Do not just place the burger onto the grill grate. You want the burgers to soak up their own juices and the butter as they cook!
Wishing all a Joyful and Safe July 4th Holiday!