Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in


Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join

January 2015 - Posts

Speech in the Schools

Your Clinical Space has a Voice
January 26, 2015 12:17 PM by Teresa Roberts
There are occasional jokes about the types of rooms that are available for specialists who provide services to students in public school settings. Many school buildings are packed with classes, special activities, storage, and designated work/meeting Read More...
3 comments »     
Teaching About the Articulators
January 19, 2015 7:49 AM by Teresa Roberts
Do your students know about their own mouths? Teaching children about the parts of their mouth and the placement of sounds increases proprioceptive skills and may improve volitional control over speech sound production. Once while walking two kindergarten Read More...
1 comments »     
Is It Time to Donate Some Therapy Materials?
January 12, 2015 7:59 AM by Teresa Roberts
Professional organizers and wardrobe consultants tell us that we only wear 25% of the clothes we own. Apparently, the other 75% just takes up space in our closets. Perhaps this same ratio holds true for our therapy materials. You may order a book, game, Read More...
0 comments »     
Teaching Gratitude: Perspective and Resilience
January 5, 2015 9:18 AM by Teresa Roberts
One of my talented colleagues uses a "Gratitude Wall" to teach students about recognizing the positive aspects of their lives. She was inspired by the Mind Up Curriculum , a structured social-emotional program, which emphasizes kindness and the development Read More...
0 comments »     

Search

About this Blog


    Speech in the Schools
    Occupation: School-based speech-language pathologists
    Setting: Traditional and specialized K-12 classrooms
  • About Blog and Author

Keep Me Updated