Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Young nurses to the rescue?

Last post 08-07-2017, 6:01 AM by Rose Marry. 2 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  12-05-2011, 6:19 PM

Young nurses to the rescue?

What if a group of experts made dire predictions about the future and people responded? It looks like that’s happened for the nursing shortage that’s been predicted for the last decade. According to a new study by David Auerbach, Peter Buerhaus and Douglas Staiger, the number of young nurses age 23-26 increased 62 percent from 2002 to 2009. You can read more about the study here.

The increase goes a long way toward relieving the shortage of nurses nationwide, but it’s too soon to say what it will mean regionally. Has the graying of the nursing workforce slowed down at your facility? Are you seeing a lot of younger nurses on the units? Do you feel more confident that a shortage has been averted?

•  08-04-2017, 10:45 AM

Re: Young nurses to the rescue?

Six years later and I know it hasn't! The shortage is so bad that nurses are staying in the field long after they probably wanted to retire.

What do you think will fix it? Lowering standards? Robots to do the grunt work?  Empower aides to do more? More cures?

Let's face it; people are living longer and the older we get, the higher our chances for massive health issues. Folks have massive heart attacks and live. They have stage 4 cancer and they survive it for a while. They have Alzheimer's and they linger. All of those people need care.

Something's go to give. 

Are you looking for a new nursing scholarship?
  •  08-07-2017, 6:01 AM

Re: Young nurses to the rescue?

High school college students have commonly asked, ‘Is there someone who I’m able to pay someone to do my homework?’- And the do reply to their query is Proresearchpapers.com! one of the maximum reliable and expert academic writing websites at the internet.

Do My Homework For Me We are proud to claim that we have made our name and reputation in this industry because of our strong work ethics and dedication.