Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

NBCOT Exam

Last post 03-30-2019, 10:47 AM by allister allen. 4 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  03-04-2009, 8:42 PM

NBCOT Exam

Hi guys!

I am getting prepared to take to NBCOT exam and I am really nervous. I took it once before and didn't pass. I have set up some times for to some shadowing at a local rehab place to help refresh me and unlock the things that I have forgotten. I also am wanting to get a study guide, but have no idea what is good and what is not good. I have a COTA friend tell that is really doesn't matter because they are the same. Is that true? Also I have these ads for flashcards? Do they work? Has anybody ever used them?

Thanks,

Megan

•  04-03-2009, 10:01 AM

Re: NBCOT Exam

Hi Megan:

I'm in the same boat as you.  Did you already take the exam yet? I'm planning on retaking the OTR one in May.  I took the IER course and had the study guide.  I thought both were good resources.  I would think referring back to textbooks and notes would be a good way to refresh.  I've nver used the flash cards but if your purchased them, please let me know what you thoguht of them. Good luck!

•  04-06-2009, 1:11 PM

What it truly comes down to is what kind of test taker are you.  I didn't study for the OTR examine until the night before and passed. But I am also a good test taker. I don't get nervous or anxious about tests like others do.  If you are a nervous test taker it will be tough for you to focus long enough to pass, simply because you will constantly be thinking about the last question or the one before that. Should I change my answer, should I go back and double check.

The best advice I have is go with your gut.  The info you need is in your head and your gut will usually tell you what is right.  Don't second guess yourself. Changing answers is the best way to screw up the exam. If your gut tells you the answer is right stick with it, don't let your head talk you out of it. Majority of the time your gut is right. If a question stumps you mark it and skip it. Don't waste time sitting there struggling on one question when you could answer the next 5 easily.  After you have gone through the test once and answered the questions you know, go back and try to answer the ones you've skipped.  But for god's sake DON'T change answers to the ones you've already answered. And finally don't worry about the clock. If you finish early DON'T go back and start re-reading questions you've already answered. Thats a sure fire way of letting your insecurities change your gut feeling.  I finished in 3 hours and left. I didn't use the 4th hour to mull over the test and try to find something to change.

•  04-15-2009, 2:19 PM

First you go to the liquor store....

Try getting a couple of the study guides that have practice tests and time yourself with them-what areas need more attention?

Best of luck!

Dan

•  03-30-2019, 10:47 AM

these days it is hard to find amazing work like this.
    Custom Essay Writer
    Assignment Help