Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Intrigued by Reiki

Last post 06-06-2019, 6:33 AM by Grant Wilson. 1 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  08-04-2011, 5:00 PM

Intrigued by Reiki

Intrigued by Reiki

It took upwards of 30 years for me tthe bliss of a spa massage is worth the initial awkwardness of being towel-clad in front of a stranger.

A few years ago, I listened to a conference speaker discuss reiki, I was fascinated. A healing energy that can be performed fully clothed and enhances sleep?!? Sign me up!

Many of you may have caught the webinar ADVANCE hosted on reiki earlier this week. (If not, you can watch or download the presentation).

Since I had only heard of reiki in the last couple of years, I was shocked at how mainstream it's become. Speaker Bernadette Doran, RT, said 60 percent of hospitals ranked on the U.S. News & World Report honor roll have formal or informal reiki programs. In fact, healing touch therapies ranked 3rd, following art and music therapy, of the most requested complementary therapies.

Yet, so many of the participants raised concerns about getting administration buy-in or being afraid to document reiki practices because of Medicare coding. What is your facility's attitude towards reiki or other healing touch therapies?

With an aging population and an emphasis on lower cost health care, I suspect these issues may resolve themselves. After all, reiki is a free treatment module that's been proven to relieve pain, reduce trauma, improve appetite and accelerate surgical recovery.  Down the road, this could be incorporated into home care, and VA facilities, just to name a few.

Until that day, any volunteers want to sign on as my private, in-home energy therapy practitioner?

•  06-06-2019, 6:33 AM

Re: Intrigued by Reiki

I've just finished my second article about The Acceptance of Reiki Therapy as a Complementary and Alternative. You can't abstain from instructing students these days. Particularly these days. You need them to be prepared, since there are times when individuals are as yet not made a decision by the substance of your character and I state that as a matter of fact you're showing them genuine world, not what we wish the world would be. 
    Analysis of case studies and Medicine reports to buy research papers cheap