Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Need help with an assignment

Last post 10-26-2007, 2:01 AM by Mitexi. 0 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  10-26-2007, 2:01 AM

• Mitexi is not online. Last active: 10-16-2019, 3:25 PM Mitexi
    • Joined on 10-26-2007
    • OTD student
    • Creighton University
    • Omaha, NE
    • 3 Posts

Need help with an assignment

Hello, I'm a student doing a historical paper on the 'Addiction Severity Index' (ASI), an assessment tool used in mental health settings with substance abuse. The reason I chose this tool was because it has developed greatly over the past 20 years, adapted for many cultures, and the questions asked within the interview format focus on many contexts and important issues for the client dealing with alcohol/drug abuse. It is also a very linient tool so you can use it just for ideas of getting to know the patient, or building rapport. I am especially focused in the version that was developed with a few tribes in North Dakota due to making it culturally sensitive for that specific area of indigenous people. But I am looking for any OT who has connections with the ASI in treatment.  I would have a few questions on what you think about the ASI and your thoughts on how the questions in the ASI compare, if at all, to our OT Practice Framework... If you have any information I would greatly appreciate it.  My email address is rms97671@creighton.edu.  Thank you very much!  :)

Rosette Stabler