Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

To the NFLPN:re: Melanie

Last post 09-27-2008, 10:00 AM by Abu Buthea. 2 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  05-20-2006, 1:22 PM

To the NFLPN:re: Melanie

Okay Melanie.

You have managed to let everyone know that LPNs need the NFLPN and that we need to unite as one, as there is strength in numbers. You have let everyone know that there is such a national organization that represents the interests of LPNs. All true enough. What you have not said, however and that seems to be what everyone is asking, is just what exactly does the NFLPN do? Just exactly HOW are they working to represent LPNs in the healthcare field. There is the NFLPN website with a press release from Greg Howard, President of the NFLPN, which is a very well written(and very true) and was made in response to that study that has been discussed on earlier posts regarding LPNs. But just exactly who was this press release to? The NFLPN site/newsletter? 

I think the frustration you read here regarding your messages  is that there is a lot of 'needing to band together'; 'unite as one' talk; and it is true we need a strong organization to represent us, but I think what seems to be on everyone's mind is that they have not seen or heard  the NFLPN  accomplishing anything and it is hard to get behind an organization that just uses catch-phrases ...now maybe it's just that the press releases are not reaching the right people, maybe someone at the NFLPN needs to just write an actual post here to reassure everyone that indeed the NFLPN is working hard and just post all of the things that the organization has been doing. It would be nice to hear from the state organizations here on this site to let everyone know what they've been up to and how they've been impacting the LPNs in their state...it would also be nice if some of the PN educators would chime in and let us know how they are inspiring the new practical nurses under their care, especially as we are around graduation time...

Finally, I think that Melanie, you are right as is Greg..we ALL need to make an impact as individuals and as a united group to improve the image of the LPN....I just think that a lot of the LPNs who are here venting their frustrations need reassurance in regards to the NFLPN role in our working lives.

This website is a really great communication tool...let's continue to use it.

Headtrauma1     

Be the Change You Want to see in the World.
  •  05-22-2006, 3:50 PM

RE:To the NFLPN:re: Melanie

THANK YOU, Spoken very well and with so much truth. I used to be a member of Idaho's chapter, but felt that I was spending my membership $$ any watching it go for what?
  •  09-27-2008, 10:00 AM

Re: To the NFLPN:re: Melanie

FYI: NFLPN posted that PA was trying to form a chapter. Sent emails to the NFLPN-listed contact person re. "new" chapter... no reply about it but did got lots of spam.