Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Where Does A LPN Interested in Wound Care Get A Job?

Last post 12-06-2008, 8:42 PM by Ottamissiah Moore. 2 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  12-05-2008, 10:49 AM

Where Does A LPN Interested in Wound Care Get A Job?

Maybe someone out there can help me? Does anyone know where to get a job in wound care?If so where, I live in South Jersey. Are there any LPN's currently working in this field, who can tell me what to look forward to? What kind of salaries can I expect in this field. Any information on this subject would be appreciated. This field seems to be growing right now, and I'm interested in as much info as possible. I was told that hospitals and nursing homes don't advertise this field. So where do you work, you need experience to obtain your certification? Thanks-interested LPN student.

•  12-05-2008, 8:47 PM

Re: Where Does A LPN Interested in Wound Care Get A Job?

Lisa

I am an LPN, WCC when I became interested in wound care I went to the Wound Care Education Institute, WCEI, then took my test and became certified. There are wound clinics coming up every where and nursing homes love being able to market having a certified wound care nurse! I work at a nursing rehabilitation center in Dayton Ohio and make $35.00 an hr and love it. It is a fantastic opportunity. Hope this helps.

Carol

•  12-06-2008, 8:42 PM

Re: Where Does A LPN Interested in Wound Care Get A Job?

The field of wound care is a field that is really making head way for LPN's.  Perhaps you should research the facilities in your area to find out which have wound programs in place.  In most instances you need experience.  After school is completed, take a few additional courses to see if your interest remain.   Wound certification is available to LPN's but you need 2 years experience.  Good luck to you.

mmoore