Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Please shed some light!

Last post 12-30-2008, 10:37 AM by Nurse1care1. 0 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  12-30-2008, 10:37 AM

Please shed some light!

Great Day, everyone!

I would like to get on my 'soapbox' for one minute. I am SO,SO,SO sick and tired of this "LPN-RN" issue. I am an LPN, and have been in the medical field my whole life, and have loved every minute of it. When I went back to school to complete my Bachelor's degree, ( I already had 2 Associate's degrees) I chose  Health Care Management. So I am an LPN with a bachelor's degree and all I hear is the typical," Why don't you go to school for your RN"? Well, it was my choice not to because I am already a nurse, and a good one at that. Why does the amount of letters behind your name define who you are, and your skill level? What is that about? LPNs have always been thought of as the ones that the do what the RNs don't do, and we have been ostracized long enough! There are LPNs out here with Master's and yes, even PHd's,and not all of them in nursing. People differentiate between "nurses and LPNs". What is THAT about? Last time I checked I had to sit boards to get my license!

We need to be recognized as the nurses we are. I guess what I'm trying to understand is why does there have to be such division? Why the animosity? Why should I have to have 2 letters behind my name for people to think more of me? AND what makes people think less if you have 3??? I have known good and bad nurses. But to be honest with you, RNs have been the worst. I have seen many RNs walk out of a patients room and call a CNA to help someone to the bathroom, or to help with patinet care. I've seen LPNs do this too.I've seen RNs fall part during a code while the LPN was there "pumping and blowing" while the RN took a clipboard to record. I have been TOLD,"I'm an RN I don't do that, or I have a bachelor's, ( or masters) degree I'm not doing patient care". What is that about?? Can someone please enlighten me?????

I just want to know why we all can't be nurses. PERIOD.

Artificial Intelligence Is no match for natural stupidity.