Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Terminated during disability

Last post 03-26-2009, 5:17 PM by Barbara Scalafani. 3 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  02-18-2009, 1:51 AM

Terminated during disability

How long do you have to be out before losing your job? I was hired at a facility 3 mths after it opened. Between 6-7mths I was put out by my doctor for  shoulder injury. I was out from 9/08 -1/09. I gave the job update letter from doctor stating severity of injury and possible surgery with more time needed out determined by orthopedic surgeon. Gave job more and more doctors note while on temporary state disablity up into day of surgery and after with estimated recovery date. My doctor wrote a letter to return to work noted, date was 3 weeks prior. 1 week prior the adon (no capital letters for him) tells me that they could not hold my job. I was out too long. Iwas crushed I can't understand how a facility can just exclude. Anyone with suggestions please feel free to talk to me.
    disability-vs-fmla
  •  03-26-2009, 5:04 PM

Re: Terminated during disability

You should of went out on the family league act, I am pretty sure it cover's you, because of injury, look it up online, but I think you have to put it into writing to your job, it's probably too late now. It was put into effect by the Clinton administration.
  •  03-26-2009, 5:14 PM

It is called the medical and family league act, it allows you to put in for up to 12weeks unpaid time off during a 12 month period and your employer can't fire you, your job would have been protected under this, after you used up your sick time you could have put in for this!
  •  03-26-2009, 5:17 PM

FMLA Family medical leave act ! sorry just looked it up online! Hope this helps maybe it will help someone else, who is going through the same problems.