Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Book Recommendations

Last post 02-27-2017, 4:32 AM by dhoni jadeja. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items)   1 2 Next >
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  08-10-2012, 2:40 PM

Book Recommendations

On our sister publication, ADVANCE for Hearing Practice Management, blogger Dusty Richards writes about the benefits of sharing books with colleagues to grow in your profession. 

Are there are any books you have recommended to colleagues? Ones that have helped elevate your speech therapy with clients or just inspired you personally? 

Share below!  

Stacey Miller, editor
  •  09-03-2012, 1:54 PM

Re: Book Recommendations

I would like to recommend Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robinson, this is a memoir about his unusual life as a person with Asperger Syndrome.  He also happens to be the brother of Augusten Burroughs who wrote the memoir Running with ScissorsLook Me in the Eye is a beautifully written touching and funny book.  I enjoyed this book so much that I find myself rereading it anytime I happen across my copy on my book shelf. 

Hope you enjoy it.

Rosela Wambach MACCCSLP

Verbalize LLC.

Verbalizeslp.yolasite.com

•  09-04-2012, 9:59 PM

Norman Doidge's The Brain That Changes Itself is a wonderfully comprehensive look at the history & current understandings of neuroplasticity.  It's an easy & inspirational read that I've recommended to all my co-SLP's, students, and other interested parties.  (I've even bought several copies to give away as gifts!)

Another favorite is The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby - many of you have probably read this one already, but if you haven't, it's definitely a "must read" for any SLP.  It's written by a man in France with assist from his SLP :)  The man has locked-in syndrome and writes this book by blinking his left eyelid using partner assisted scanning.  It's pretty amazing and a lovely reminder about why we joined the profession of speech pathology.

•  09-11-2012, 8:50 PM

"Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris, also "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon.
  •  07-28-2013, 10:00 PM

I'd like to recommend the book "Speech Class Rules" by Ronda Wojcicki. It was written by Mrs Wojcicki who works in the schools as an SLP. It is an excellent introduction to speech and what speech therapy in the schools is. Perfect for those first sessions with recently classified students.  The book was actually given out at the ASHA convention when Tommie Robinson was president as he was so impressed with it. For me, it's what I use to help establish rapport that first session. I love this book. It doesn't matter if the child sees you for artic, language, fluency...etc... It's appropriate. Hope you like it!!!
  •  07-03-2014, 11:17 AM

•  04-22-2015, 10:58 PM

Best book for clinicians working with patients with dementia is Dementia Therapy & Program Development. A complete guide, its step by step, has a goal bank, teaches interventions for dementia to be successful with goals, how to write goals and medical necessity statements.
  •  05-08-2015, 6:03 AM

great article thanks very much for this

العاب تلبيس
    العاب باربى
  •  05-19-2015, 8:22 AM

great article thanks very much for this

لعبة صب واى
  •  12-30-2015, 11:30 AM

•  01-06-2016, 3:22 AM

Stacey Miller:

On our sister publication, ADVANCE for Hearing Practice Management, blogger Dusty Richards writes about the benefits of sharing books with colleagues to grow in your profession. 

Are there are any books you have recommended to colleagues? Ones that have helped elevate your speech therapy with clients or just inspired you personally? 

Share below!  

Assignment Help UK
    Dissertation Help UK
  •  09-23-2016, 2:31 AM

Thank you so much :) I will look for Look Me in the Eye book to read. This must be a good book.
    I learn japanese online and now i can say I love you in Japanese , Lets go finding a japanese girl !
  •  01-04-2017, 11:44 PM

i can't advise any book but i got choices for me thanks for posting this thread if i get knowledge for a new book i will post in this thread again. Thanks.
    Lathe Machine | Drilling machine | Milling Machine

•  01-18-2017, 1:49 AM

Page 1 of 2 (19 items)   1 2 Next >