Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

UC Berkeley Student Needs Input from OTs for Research Paper

Last post 08-06-2013, 4:18 PM by Bijay Nayak. 1 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  06-27-2012, 4:21 PM

UC Berkeley Student Needs Input from OTs for Research Paper

I am an incoming freshman at UC Berkeley and I am writing a research paper on the OT profession. I need to interview at least one OT as a resource. I will post some basic questions here and anyone who would like to help me out can respond here or to my email:  parker6786@att.net. I would appreciate answers to ANY or all of these questions. Please do share additional information if you would like to. If you would like to provide your email, so I can ask follow-up questions, I would appreciate it. Thanks so much for your time and willingness to help. Based on my volunteer work at a local children's hospital, I am excited about the possibility of pursuing this career. I am especially interested in OT careers involving children. This paper is not for publication and will only be viewed by my professor and class members.

Can you please provide your name, as well as where and when you received your degree in OT?

Where do you currently work and in what specialities, and if you would like to share more, where have you worked in the past? 

What do you find most rewarding about your profession?

What do you find most challenging about your profession?

What do you see as the most significant changes in the profession since you entered it?

How do you believe changes in America's healthcare system will affect the OT profession in the future? 

In terms of employment prospects, are there particular specialities or areas of practice that are most promising?

What are the most important factors in selecting a master's program in OT? 

What other advice would you offer to someone considering this career?

•  08-06-2013, 4:18 PM

Re: UC Berkeley Student Needs Input from OTs for Research Paper

may i know what research you are doing?