Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

!!!!!!!!!!COTA Homecare Pay- PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!!!!

Last post 09-17-2013, 10:51 PM by Hannah Sturdivant. 1 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  03-27-2013, 3:19 PM

!!!!!!!!!!COTA Homecare Pay- PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

I'm a COTA/L and will be beginning a contract homecare position in MA. Im the first COTA this agency has hired (they are primarily a nursing agency). My previous homecare position was salaried, with benefits, and mileage reimbursement. This agency is offering me a per-visit rate of $32-37 (depending on the payer), but no mileage reimbursement, and also the benefits are through Commonwealth Connect, the MA program for individuals whose employers do not offer private insurance- its pricey). Just wondering how this number looks to those more familiar with contract homecare experience... I have 3 years US COTA experience, and 1.5 yrs experience working international nonprofit, and am bilingual Eng/Spa. Any input welcome and greatly appreciated!

Amy

•  09-17-2013, 10:51 PM

Re: !!!!!!!!!!COTA Homecare Pay- PLEASE ADVISE!!!!!!!!!

I'd say that sounds pretty good.  I get 65 a visit as an OTR, also no benefits included.  I do get mileage though.  So if you're making half of the OTR visit, I'd think that was pretty good.  I think the PTA I work with gets like 30-33 a visit??  Hope this helps.