Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

Last post 05-27-2009, 9:18 PM by Jill Schoenig. 80 replies.
Page 1 of 6 (81 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  09-26-2007, 2:52 AM

how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

is excelsior a good program?
  •  10-19-2007, 9:00 AM

Re: how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

I was a traveling LPN. I bought the whole program, if you are a good self studier, it isnt that hard. Had to quit the program and move back to IL.( family issues) which doesn't except the program. Still have all the books and info if you're interested. 
  •  10-22-2007, 3:56 PM

I would like info if you still have it available. Thanks.
  •  11-01-2007, 7:15 PM

Lisa Smith:
    I was a traveling LPN. I bought the whole program, if you are a good self studier, it isnt that hard. Had to quit the program and move back to IL.( family issues) which doesn't except the program. Still have all the books and info if you're interested. 
  •  11-01-2007, 7:17 PM

hi lisa i would be interested in your books and all the info you have  please email me at pporter37@yahoo.com with cost.
  •  11-07-2007, 7:16 AM

I finished all the theory exams & am self-studying for the clinical exam (CPNE). I bought the DVD for it & am going to do the practice workshop.  I liked the program alot as you can go at your own pace. I have all the current text books c CD's & am looking to sell them if you or anyone else is interested. 
  •  11-12-2007, 10:19 PM

Hi my name is Aiesha, I  will be applying to the lpn-rn program. Are the exams hard, also I heard that you can finish in as little as 6 months. Now do they have semesters, or do you just study for your exam and take your test , and move on to the next exam.
  •  11-13-2007, 7:55 PM

Hi Aiesha

I signed on with college network for the l.p.n. to r.n. through excelsior college, i have just about finished my first module and have my test date back for my exam. I have just fininshed world religion this has been very interesting but also at time hard for me to understand. i find it a little more difficult than i thought to disipline myself to study every day, not like being in class. i am enjoying not having to drive to a class and be in a class though, great if you have a family. if you study alot every day perhaps you can finish in 6months but for me it will be more like a year.

hope this helps

nadine 

•  11-17-2007, 4:28 PM

Did you get your answer?  I'm not sure about any program that progressive.  6 moths seems pretty short.  Usually all you need in most FT schools is 3 quarters.
  •  11-17-2007, 4:30 PM

World religion? Why? Seems like a money thing to me.  I like to get on with the core courses and get it over with.
  •  11-18-2007, 4:00 PM

Hi Suzanne,

Just wondering how long it took you to finish the theory exams?  I am currently enrolled in the program took the first exam in August.  The exam was hard required alot of critical thinking.  Did you have to repeat any of the exams.  You really have to know the material in the modules. Don't depend on any clinical knowledge you have.  The program is great because you can work at your own pace and on your own time.  Which is great if you have to work full time and don't have time for a traditional program.

•  11-19-2007, 10:17 PM

I would be interested in any books, info you have .....derrickfl@hotmail.com
  •  11-22-2007, 3:35 PM

i am just getting started with excelsior and i am very interested any books you may have
  •  11-22-2007, 3:39 PM

interested in any books or info that will help me pass thanks.
  •  11-25-2007, 11:32 AM

Not sure if you gave away the books but if they are still available, I would love to use them!! I cannot afford the books but want so bad to get my RN. email me at donitsa@embarqmail.com if you have them or know someone who has them.

Thank you thank you

Donna

Page 1 of 6 (81 items)   1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »