Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Current college student and career choices

Last post 01-18-2016, 10:29 PM by Catherine Beeman. 0 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  01-18-2016, 10:29 PM

Current college student and career choices

For those of you who do coding, what job did you start out in? I am currently in college and I have no experience working in a medical office. I do however have 18 years experience in an office setting, so I don't know if that would be helpful at all. I know that when I graduate, I most likely will not be able to get a job in coding and will have to work my way up to it. I'm curious to see what entry level jobs would be the best to start out in. 

I like to be up and moving around and I also like to do something a little different each day. I like a challenge and will work at something until I figure it out. I am currently in college pursuing my Health Information Management degree, but do find myself thinking I may only get to the Health Information Technology degree and stop. I'm wondering if anyone has any input on a job that might be a good fit for me. I think I'd like coding because I think I'd like the challenge of looking up the information and figuring out what to code (I took an adult continuing education class from my local community college to see if that was something I'd like and I did enjoy it), but I've also heard it can be monotonous. I'm also thinking about a Health Information Technician. If there is anyone with insight on that career, I'd love to hear what you do, and what you like most about your job.