Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Your Best Weight Loss Advice

Last post 03-19-2016, 6:15 AM by Sheila Hurst. 7 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  10-05-2010, 10:34 AM

Your Best Weight Loss Advice

The statistics about obesity scream at us every day. We're preparing an article about barriers to effective obesity treatment, and we'd like to hear from you with an answer to the following question: What is your best piece of advice for weight loss?
    Michelle Perron
  •  11-08-2010, 12:51 PM

Re: Your Best Weight Loss Advice

This cannot be stated too often; drink plenty of water! I start the morning with 4 eight ounce glasses of water, I start early so as not to have my morning interrupted with frequency and urgency. And then I have a 8ounce glass of water with each meal. Drinking cool water accelerates the metabolism, keeps the kidneys hydrated and flushed of impurities and promotes a healthy complexion. Coupled with exercise 3-4times/week, I have lost 15lbs in 6months, I am also able to keep the weight off as well.

Bev

Bev Clayton
  •  07-12-2011, 8:47 AM

You can try some reputed diet pills.

Diet Pills Pharmacy | Adipex Diet Pills
  •  08-04-2011, 11:48 PM

Forget the word diet.  You should think of it as making healthy lifestyle changes that you can maintain.  The problem with all these fad diets are that they work when you stick to them, but most can't be maintained forever.  As soon as you stop them, the weight quickly comes back on.  Good luck on your article.

•  03-20-2013, 3:46 AM

Some effective tips to lose weight fast:
    Break your meal in 5 small meals,
    Drink at last 15 glass of water daily,
    Do take fresh fruits and vegetables more in your diet meals,
    Do start exercise or any physical activity to lose weight quickly,
    Do sleep for 8 hours in a day.
    Medical Nutrition Therapy Weight loss Nutrition Virginia
  •  03-23-2013, 7:20 PM

I lost ~90 lbs (starting in August 2004) and have kept it off - with a 5-lb fluctuation cushion for times of vacation and/or stress.  I work with almost exclusively overweight and diabetic patients. 

Best advice for maintaining weight loss:

Decide what are YOUR special occasions and then have "special occasion foods" only at those times.  Life is no fun if we try to swear off cookies or birthday cake forever, but we have to define what is truly a special occasion for ourselves.  Example: When coworkers bring in some crappy grocery store cake, that's not special enough for me to eat.  If it were, I'd be having somebody's birthday cake at least once a week!  But when I special order a birthday cake from my favorite bakery for one of my family members, THAT'S worth it to me.  I have a piece, enjoy it, and then don't have seconds.  I send any leftovers home with someone else or take it to work where it magically disappears!  

Keep in mind that a special occasion is ONE DAY.  Christmas, for example, is a day when I eat whatever I want.  But I don't start 2 weeks before the holiday and then keep eating for a week afterward.  

Best advice for losing weight:

Life is exciting enough - we don't need food to make it more exciting.  Automate your everyday meals. 

Eat a little less at each meal than your usual.  Enjoy your food and then stop eating when you're full or the plate is empty, whichever comes first. 

Stop snacking!  We don't work out in the fields or spend all day tromping around the woods in order find food in our society.  We largely sit around on our behinds all day and snacking is not necessary for that.  

Take a walk.  You don't need spandex.  You don't need a gym membership. Comfortable shoes and 10-15 minutes after each meal will give astonishing results in blood sugar, stress reduction, and also gives a handy signal that mealtime is over.  

•  04-09-2013, 12:08 PM

I use an app called MyFitnessPal and it has been great for keeping track of how many calories I consume in a day. The app is available on both Apple and Android phones. There is even a cool bar code scan function that lets you scan a packaged food and then add it to your total calories. Very good app and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to work on reducing calories consumed.

Joel Ruiz
  •  03-19-2016, 6:15 AM

Eat less and properly.