Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

The BSN and Magnet Status Scams

Last post 11-29-2016, 3:18 AM by next449 next449. 6 replies.
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  06-04-2012, 6:14 PM

The BSN and Magnet Status Scams

I am going to keep on hammering home this point until it sinks in.  The BSN and Magnet Status push are the of the biggest hoaxes perpetrated on the American public since the "New and Improved" marketing scam of the 70s.  The truth is the hospitals pay the ANA thousands of dollars for this most often contrived seal of approval.  Then they try to market it to the public as as an assurance that they will receive better care at their recently magnet recognized hospital.  To attain this seal, hospitals force their nurses (some who already have other degrees besides their nursing credentials) to go back to four year colleges universities and spend thousands of dollars to write a few more papers in APA format on nursing theory and current nursing nursing issues.  And with no more hands-on or even classroom time spent on clinical education or training hospitals claim this is supposed to make one a better nurse.  The truth is that hospital administrators and all those associated with the BSN and Magnet Status push are laughing behind the backs of all those naive enough to believe this garbage.  

Face it people, it's a business.  And the more you buy into it, the more they will push it. 

•  08-31-2012, 8:01 AM

Re: The BSN and Magnet Status Scams

I agree with you and have witnessed first hand the extent acute care facilities will go to accomplish

"Magnet status". I have seen  facilities ask veteran nurses, who are in management and

have been for 20 plus years, to step down because they  are not getting their BSN fast enough.

Watched the unit and it moral of other team members fall apart and considered myself fortunate 

to have the foresight needed and left the acute care setting. Experience means nothing to

Corporate America. My heart goes out to all those who have been mismanaged by corporate bullies. 

•  11-07-2013, 2:41 PM

I am unclear in which you are getting your information, however good topic. We should spend some time understanding much more or perhaps being familiar with more. Thanks with regard to excellent info We wanted this particular info with regard to my personal objective.
    العاب بنات
  •  06-27-2015, 7:22 AM

•  07-03-2015, 12:23 PM

•  05-16-2016, 10:25 AM

long sought this information, thank you guys!
    happy to join your community!

•  11-29-2016, 3:18 AM

You are great guys! I am very happy to join your community) I'm sorry, that is not the topic)
    wwwcomcast