Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Gaining work experience

Last post 12-10-2018, 1:04 PM by mikkel kasper. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items)   < Previous 1 2
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  04-19-2017, 2:30 AM

Re: Gaining work experience

•  07-21-2018, 5:59 AM

That’s a problem in every field you need the experience to get the first job. You Need to apply internship
    Assignment expert
  •  12-04-2018, 1:02 AM

Go for internships: There is nothing more exciting and enlightening as participating in an internship program. You’ll be entering the premises of a real organisation to gain hands-on knowledge. It will be a test of all that you have learned as theoretical concepts and how to successfully implement them to get the desired outcome. Internships allow you to get a taste of the professional world and your future work field. You’ll be aware of your strengths and shortcomings and understand if that’s where you want to be. It’s a must for every student before you decide to take the final leap.

custom dissertation writing service
  •  12-05-2018, 5:48 AM

•  12-10-2018, 1:04 PM

Brianna Theis:

Hi Ariana - 

First off - I wish you luck during your schooling as well as career when that time comes. I also have questions regarding how to gain experience in the field when a lot of places are requiring experience to even consider an application, or to apply. It seems backwards. 

Few ideas that I have and what I am going to try and do when I get close to completing my program:

- Contact a local health care facility to see if you are able to do a job shadow for a few days to get a feel of what they do, and keep in contact with the person you shadow/talk with to set up the shadow.

- If there is an internship offered within your program - JUMP ON IT! This is going to be a fabulous resource and will get your foot in the door, and hopefully land you a position at that location, or another.  

- Make sure to take certification tests for your program - that will show the employer you are applying with that you actually followed through with the certification piece of the program and your score can show them what kind of knowledge/education you have.

Again, good luck. Maybe we can both land positions! 

Thank you for the above.. it is by far the best advice given..I have struggled to pin a spot several times in organizations and

one thing that made me not get work despite being a graduate was experience..some even ask for 5yrs experience.. so scary but

internships do help to make your case..volunteering too..seems like charity but this things are considered. 
    google.com
Page 2 of 2 (20 items)   < Previous 1 2