Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Cancer registry education

Last post 12-15-2018, 3:23 AM by GANI ADEBOYE. 26 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (27 items)   < Previous 1 2
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  01-01-2014, 6:02 PM

Re: Cancer registry education

Hi Jeanne, I just read your post from 2008 and am curious to find out if you ever became a CTR and how the online AHIMA course worked for you.  I am considering the same thing.  
  •  05-19-2014, 4:18 PM

"Which degree do you find the most useful in the field of Health Information, CIM of HIM ?
  •  09-02-2014, 9:52 AM

I'm almost done getting certified being a coder and want to say thank you to everyone posting information about the cancer registry, because I am interested in pursuing that in the future.
  •  09-12-2014, 9:04 PM

Jeanne

I also just came across your discussion question, which I realize is from some time ago, but I would love to know how it turned out for you. I am currently enrolled in an HIM program through Davenport University and will be sitting for the RHIT exam once I have earned my associates. I am very interested in the CTR field as well and was wondering if the program I am taking would also prepare me for the CTR exam? Thanks for any advice you can offer. 

•  09-25-2014, 10:33 AM

•  01-15-2015, 11:37 AM

Jeanne, I'm glad you posted this.  I am also considering cancer registry as a future career and am finding it difficult to sort through the information.  I look forward to reading the replies to your questions.

•  02-14-2016, 10:55 AM

Hi Mary,

Or anyone else out there looking for some student support.  I am in the AHIMA CRM program and it is very detailed, the one thing I miss is the community of students to bond with and start discussion boards on different topics.  With this program you are on your own, no instructor.  If I could do it over again I would go through an accredited school that offers CRM and take it online with other students.  If anyone knows of discussion forums for students I would be thrilled to know of the them.  I have two more classes to go and could technically take the CTR, but I am not ready yet.  I do have the benefit of gaining experience working in the registry, but lack student support.

Jan 

Jan
  •  03-03-2016, 2:27 PM

Hi Jan,

I am just about to begin the AHIMA CRM program and, like you, have been searching for online forums without success.  There are Linked In groups but they are not targeted towards students. 

My Email address is bwozniak77384@gmail.com if you would like to stay in touch regarding these classes.  I would love some advice as to how things have gone for you so far.  I am almost finished with a graduate degree in Informatics and most of those classes were online so the distance education format is not an issue for me.  I am just wondering about the content and no instructor interaction.

Regards,

Benita

•  03-21-2016, 1:21 PM

I am also considering AHIMA program and would love to have some insight and contacts.  I read the article about a shortage of tumor registrars, but I am not seeing scads of these jobs posted either.  It still sounds like an interesting follow-up after medical coding and transcription.
  •  04-09-2016, 9:04 AM

Hi Benita,

I have been looking into AHIMs CRM program and plan to enroll into a class soon and was wondering if you would answer a few questions.My email address is soteloden@gmail.com I'm curious on how quickly one can complete the program I realize that it is self paced but realistically how long can it be completed in? It would be nice to have some other students to keep in contact with during the process.Hope to hear from you soon.

Denise  

•  04-09-2016, 9:12 AM

Hi Jan,

Great to see that someone has taken a few classes I was hoping you may answer a few of my questions how long has the program taken you? and do they verify prerequisites when you apply to take the CTR exam? I was on the site and seen I would be able to register for the specialty courses without sending any transcripts.

Thank you in advance,

Denise  

•  12-15-2018, 3:23 AM

I came across this old thread.....I am considering taking the AHIMA CTR program...and will like your opinion
Page 2 of 2 (27 items)   < Previous 1 2