Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Home health productivity

Last post 10-03-2016, 10:16 AM by saim jones. 30 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (31 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  01-28-2012, 3:53 AM

Re: Home health productivity

Hi,

Working in such type of sector is very hard for employee ,bcause healthcare center should be open 24 hours for people convenience so I suggest you to that try to work as possible as you can.

------------------------------------------------

miami hcg diet

•  08-24-2012, 9:07 PM

I'm an heath care in profession in our community and assisting what our healthcare head on the things that she will uses. It's always been toxic as I could say everyday coz we're dealing with low income community and sometimes we go to some houses just to get their medical needs when they can't go to our clinic.
  •  02-14-2013, 9:22 AM

I have been with a home health company for approx 5 years and have seen our productivity requirements move from 20-25-30 visits per week.  We use Kinnser doc system (onerous), they have provided us with a tablet, a car and full benefits.  Generous I would say; however I am overwhelmed with my required number of visits and am looking into going prn.  We get 1 unit for all visits except OASIS which we receive 2, and d/c OASIS (1.5) we do not have recognition of documentation time, of miles traveled or mins in the car (averaging 80 mins/day) with 60 miles per day.  My pt's are poor, medically complicated, mismanaged medically without family support (in most cases).  My day or week requires MD/APS/EMS/nursing calls because of frequent out of parameter vital signs, lack of meds or not taking meds, not eating or drinking, falls, disoriented, UTIs, blood in sputum, etc.  The week after Christmas I had 4 EMS calls in 2 weeks.  Unusual but you get the idea.  I can end up in the home for 35-90 mins.  I am not given time for these visits because they are not PT.  The salary is good but I feel it is no longer worth my health.  If there are any suggestions or comments out there I would welcome them.  I have asked the rehab director to ride with me one day to see if I can lessen my time required.  
  •  08-02-2013, 11:05 PM

Are you being paid for all the time you spend over your regular 40 hours?  I have recently discovered that HH agencies must pay us for any overtime we put in.  I worked for years not being paid for hours of overtime I  put in because I didn't want to be told my productivity was low and thinking I could only be paid for the number of patients I saw.  This is not the case, and if you are a per hour employee, your employer must pay you.  You can contact the dept. of labor if you have any questions.   I feel your pain about management expecting more and more from us.  A year ago I had to see 26 pts for 35 hour position (that's 30 for 40 hr position).  I had a caseload of approx. 12-14 patients (give or take). I was very busy and worked late most nights.   I am now expected to see 26 pts a week but have a caseload of 20 pts or more and must give up more than 13 visits a week to PTA.  I am expected to do all this in the the same 35 hours.  I have no family life, never exercise, eat poorly, and my Md wants me to quit because of the stress.  I do get paid for all the work I do, but its not worth it.  I used to have a rehab supervisor but now the entire agency is run by RNs who seem to have no idea what is involved in a PT visit.  I  agree with you that our supervisors should come out for a day with us and see what we do and how much time it takes.
  •  08-20-2013, 7:42 AM

working full time in the home health care is such a great opportunity because not everyone was given that kind of opportunity and yes i can have also like that.
    radiologic technologist salary
  •  11-28-2013, 6:58 AM

Health is very important for the batter life.This is very important information.i wanna discus on this topic any one interested so plz reply me.Thanks for sharing this information.

Pain in Heel, Arch of Foot Ingrown toenail treatment
  •  12-03-2013, 1:29 AM

I started when we were doing notes on paper, now we are on laptop.  As the agency wants more documentation from us they just say it's part of the visit and there is no compensation for the time spent documenting things in other areas to make it easier for them and potentially the surveyor to find.  I have found the productivity discussions helpful as I would like to propose a "overtime" rate for greater than 30 "equivalent visits" a week.  As contractors we have just worked as long as it took to get the job done, including weekends  There was an extra fee we could charge them for the extra documentation but they have recently taken that away and state "it's part of your visit". Leaves one to wonder when the actual therapy is ever going to be considered the important part of the visit.    I am interested in knowing more about what is classified as the case management you mentioned above.

•  12-14-2013, 1:36 AM

I have worked in Home Health for almost 20 years now and am crumbling under paperwork and drive time. We recently went electronic on tablets for documentation and any hope of spending less time on documentation is gone. There was a time when I could do 6-7 vists a day and it was a full day and 5 visits a day left me with time to play and have a life. Our agency reduced productivity quotas from 5 a day to 4 a day a couple years ago. Now 4 a day can be overwhelming especially if any one of them is an Oasis admit. I used to rarely to Oasis and now I do a lot of Oasis PT only. We are getting medically complicated patients and I feel like my hourly rate when all is said and done is degraded to about 18-20 dollars an hour some days. the frustration level is through the roof! I am ready to quit! We used to have several PT's in my area and now I am the only one left and the agency can barely keep me up to the 20 a week quota sometimes for a couple months...then it will get crazy busy and they expect that I will just be able to do 7 a day. the driving alone can be easily 2 hours...I am required to spend minimum 45 minutes with medicare patients...usually I spend almost an hour with each person. Documentation for eval used to be about 30 min, Admit was about 90 min extra, follow up was 10 minutes to hand write. Now, with the tablet, evals are taking and hour to 2 sometimes, Admits are taking 2-3 hours and supposedly simple follow ups I have managed to get done in 30-45 minutes. This is Ludicrous!! when my productivity dips below the requirement for a quarter, my benefits are dropped. It doesn't matter if I worked my butt off in a previous quarter...I am ready to quit and just go per diem to agencies that do not have this horrific Home Care Home Base program. I have been told this system is worse than allscripts and I believe that is true after using it for two months. We Have not had a Rehab superviser in over 5 years either and I am tired of the Nurses in charge who really don't understand what it's like to be a PT in HH. When we do an Admit, the patients still expect a PT treatment so Admits end up being almost 2 hours and the rate is certainly not doubled. Sorry for the long post, it's been a horrible week in Home Health for me. I wonder if there are others out there struggling with this.
  •  12-25-2013, 11:57 PM

That is a lot of pressure. You should try an online documentation system like WebPT and other...That will allow you to visit more patients since you will be documenting less. It's web-based so you can take your laptop with you and breeze through the documentation. Thanks for sharing

•  01-04-2014, 12:55 AM

I think there are very few therapists in our agency who are reaching productivity (5 per day regardless of type of visit). Unfortunately they do not consider that we have meetings and this is figured right in to our productivity. So if I work an 8 hour day and have a 3 hour meeting and only see 3 pts, I am way behind in my productivity. Thanks to all who participate in this discussion.

•  11-12-2014, 8:09 PM

I have been working as a Rn case manager in home health for 7 years. I have just recently changed agencies and for the most part the change is good - I am treated now with respect and my supervisors are very appreciative of the field staff. That being said, I went from full time case manager on a busy IV wound care team seeing 25-28 points per week - required productivity was 25 per wk, and a case load of 28-32 patients. At my new agency I now am required to see 35 points per week. 2 points for a start of care, 1 pt for a discharge, 1.5 for a recert and a roc and 1 pt for a subsequent visit. The points per visit type are lower than my previous agency and I had to go from charting on a device to paperwork. I had one day of orientation and then I was thrown out into the field, expected to meet productivity the first week. There are no assigned territories / areas for us so I drive between 4 counties on any given day averaging 60-140 miles a day with no comp for mileage but we are given a car allowance of $70.00 biweekly. I realize I signed up for this but my scheduler is so focused on my productivity points per day ( less on the complexity of the patient) that I am being assigned random patients at the end of the day to make up prod PTs. I have a 2 hour IV and it counts as one point then 36 miles to the next closest patient. I am concerned that the patient care is being overlooked and points are more important. I lay awake wondering how I can address this issue with the office but I am at a loss. Do companies really expect for us to see complex, high Asquith, needy patients in 30 min flat? How does this provide for quality patient care? My heart breaks when I see how the patients are suffering because of this " quantity over quality" type of thinking. Anyone else struggling with this?  
    Jp
  •  01-26-2015, 11:04 PM

We are based on the point system as well. The expectation is 6 points per day. After 100 miles of travel daily we are able to bill for travel time. We can count meeting time into our point system. Our therapists have IPADs for documentation- using the kinnser system. Evals and re-evals = 1 point, SOC = 3, DC OASIS=2. After reading multiple posts I think we are on target regarding productivity. Productivity expectations are essential to support the financials needs of the company, but I do validate the frustrations. 
  •  04-20-2015, 3:15 PM

If you are interested in opening your own agency and being your own boss please reach out to me at SGOSS@certifiedhomecareconsulting.com
  •  06-29-2016, 6:35 PM

Re: Home health productivity for PTA

I currently work in a Home Care setting in PA and our Agency just released a policy for 5 visits per day for 8 hours, so 25 visits per week. I have been seeing 35 visits per week for a total of 70 visits with approx 28 hrs of OT. I have been told I'm under productive of my 5 visits per day. Can someone explain this to me because I don't understand how this could be.

•  10-01-2016, 2:11 AM

i am agree with due to increase population diseases are increase too
    Half up half down hairstyles
Page 2 of 3 (31 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 Next >