Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

disturbing sexual behavior of female nurses

Last post 01-12-2018, 2:57 AM by Bob h. 59 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (60 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  04-13-2008, 5:46 PM

Re: disturbing sexual behavior of female nurses

Carla Young:

From what I'm reading I don't believe any of you work in the nursng profession. It makes me very sad that you all seem to think this is a typical attitude with all nurses. Let me assure you, the nurses you speak of  are the exceptions. Most nurses do try to conduct themselve professionally. Also most nuses care very deeply for their patients and their patients feelings. It would break my heart if I ever thought one of the people I have cared for spoke of me the way you all speak of nurses.

First, I'd like to say that it's unfortunate what happened to you and yours hsmod. Second, I work in health care and

yes I'm sure things like this happen all the time. I don't know why the moderators on allnurses locked the thread. Funny thing

about those people on there, they are callous and unprofessional.I have more respect for housekeepers. The nurses on that site

say very unprofessional comments about patients,yet they are quick to ban you or lock a thread.  People have concerns about

their privacy more then the quality of care delivered to them. It's in the fourth amendment, the right to privacy. It's what makes

us americans and remember. Many people died so that we can enjoy those rights.

•  04-16-2008, 12:26 AM

candice yin:
    Carla Young:

From what I'm reading I don't believe any of you work in the nursng profession. It makes me very sad that you all seem to think this is a typical attitude with all nurses. Let me assure you, the nurses you speak of  are the exceptions. Most nurses do try to conduct themselve professionally. Also most nuses care very deeply for their patients and their patients feelings. It would break my heart if I ever thought one of the people I have cared for spoke of me the way you all speak of nurses.

First, I'd like to say that it's unfortunate what happened to you and yours hsmod. Second, I work in health care and

yes I'm sure things like this happen all the time. I don't know why the moderators on allnurses locked the thread. Funny thing

about those people on there, they are callous and unprofessional.I have more respect for housekeepers. The nurses on that site

say very unprofessional comments about patients,yet they are quick to ban you or lock a thread.  People have concerns about

their privacy more then the quality of care delivered to them. It's in the fourth amendment, the right to privacy. It's what makes

us americans and remember. Many people died so that we can enjoy those rights.

Boy, you sound an awful lot like Mr Benson... new name everyday? Hmm, just a troll here to stir up some trouble me' thinks.

: o )

RN = Jack of All Trades
  •  04-21-2008, 5:26 PM

Bluehaven: You are accusing people of signing in as others and making accusations of being a Ms instead of a Mr.?

Stirring up trouble? Seems you should perhaps read your posts. I don't see others or Mr. Benson being nasty. They are expressing their opinions with class. Mr. Benson, and other men like him, surely won't think any better of female nurses after listening to your opinions and statements.

If a female patient would prefer to have a female nurse instead of an assigned male nurse for a genital procedure/treatment, does that make her a "man hater?"

Patients have varying degrees of privacy needs and preferences. Nurses and other healthcare professionals should respect all views, even the minority. Maybe in 10 or 20 years there will be a balance of the ratio of male and female nurses working in healthcare. Then all patients, not just female patients,  will more easily be accommodated if they have a preference of gender. The double standard will perhaps be neglible at that time. The "Patient Bill of Rights" should be reviewed by all healthcare clinicians. It applies to all patients, not just females.  

•  04-22-2008, 9:37 AM

I need clarification!  Is this thread implying that nurses in general are voyers? That members on allnurses condone this behavior?

I am an RN of 33 years. I can tell you with 100% certainty that nurses do not go into nurses with the intent of being able to check out people's gentalia. That is absolutely absurd. We are professionals and we know the importance of personal privacy and we are trained to drape the patient in a way that the gentalia are kept private if we for medical reasons need to look in that direction.

I am a member of allnurses and I can tell you that they moderate every single word that it posted and if anything even appears to be off color it is removed from the site and the poster is slapped with "points" and restrictions. I am currently on restriction with the site because of a spirited debate with another member re: people who say they are nurses when indeed they are not. I totally disagree with the moderators. I was not rude in anyway, but I will not fight city hall. I enjoy the site and will wait out my probation time so that I can resume enjoing the site.

allnurses.com is a very tightly moderated website. There is nothing "whoa inappropriate" going on there.

Dutchie
  •  04-22-2008, 12:52 PM

Dutchie,

I can't speak for others but I don't think this thread was about "all nurses" being inappropriate.  Unfortunately there is probably far too much inappropriate activity that occurs. I totally agree with you that men and women do not enter the field of nursing to view others' genitals.  I don't think that implication is made here. If it is intrepreted that way by some, they are reading this thread the wrong way- in my opinion.

I was not impressed with the allnurses website overall. The attitudes, extreme judgemental statements and condenscending speech made by many on that site was a real turn-off for me. 

•  04-22-2008, 5:40 PM

hsmod,  Thank you for your reply. While I tend to agree with you about allnurses in terms of the attitudes, and judgemental statements, I do know they don't allow that kind of pervertion and would hate to see them portrayed unfairly even though they do sometimes do that to their members. Portray them unfairly that is, although the mods do it privately through a PM
    Dutchie
  •  04-22-2008, 6:10 PM

Please be aware that the OP has posted this same message on multiple blogs. He is not a regular member of the blogs on which he has posted this message, which is usually the first post credited to his newly created account (notice that on this thread his join date and date of the post at the beginning of this thread are the same). He has used several names, claims to be of either gender, and claims to be a bioethicist, teach ethics at a community college, or a be body builder/martial arts instructor. He has registered for multiple accounts on allnurses.com, using them to make derogatory remarks about female nurses and nurses in general. He claims to have been sexually abused by 6 nurses. When challenged he will become abusive.

•  04-22-2008, 6:51 PM

aeauooo, Wow this guy/gal must be some kind of psycho! I am a member of allnurses. I did not know that other similar boards exsisted. Thanks for filling me in. It was really throwing me a curve. I know allnurses wouldn't have anything like that going on.
    Dutchie
  •  04-23-2008, 2:10 AM

I am accusing specific folks as being troublemakers; YES. It is my opinion, and right. I have never in my LIFE heard such nonsense and blatant hate for women. I find the comments here reprehensible, unfounded and I truly believe that people troll these boards just to stir up trouble and get a rise out of people.

They have nothing better to do in their life but troll the internet and fantasize about nurses doing things to them and then becoming a woman and nurse hating hate mongerer.

I have nothing else to say; those that are innocent will not be offended; only the guilty will reply as being offended.  

And, to correct your erroneous post - I have not stirred up trouble; i simply posted my disbelief and opinion. I now realize the objective of OP, and am sorry that I wasted my time posting replies to such utter rubbish.

I smell a sociopath amongst us... :o )

RN = Jack of All Trades
  •  04-23-2008, 2:17 AM

Dutchie:

I need clarification!  Is this thread implying that nurses in general are voyers? That members on allnurses condone this behavior?

I am an RN of 33 years. I can tell you with 100% certainty that nurses do not go into nurses with the intent of being able to check out people's gentalia. That is absolutely absurd. We are professionals and we know the importance of personal privacy and we are trained to drape the patient in a way that the gentalia are kept private if we for medical reasons need to look in that direction.

I am a member of allnurses and I can tell you that they moderate every single word that it posted and if anything even appears to be off color it is removed from the site and the poster is slapped with "points" and restrictions. I am currently on restriction with the site because of a spirited debate with another member re: people who say they are nurses when indeed they are not. I totally disagree with the moderators. I was not rude in anyway, but I will not fight city hall. I enjoy the site and will wait out my probation time so that I can resume enjoing the site.

allnurses.com is a very tightly moderated website. There is nothing "whoa inappropriate" going on there.

Dutchie - If you had seen some of the posts by Mr Benson, you would be Floored! The intent of his posts was to say that women and female nurses are all perverts and want nothing more than to peak at men's genitals. He alluded to the fact several times that women were untrustworthy, disgusting and he had more respect for a housekeeper than a female nurse. Based on the things he said, I was so angry, but then that is his intent; no life, loser likely. Can't find a partner, you know the deal...

The thread whoa inappropriate is still on all nurses; it is disturbing.

RN = Jack of All Trades
  •  04-24-2008, 7:39 PM

Kay Feld= Mr Benson= Muscleman.

MeMeMe
  •  04-24-2008, 8:57 PM

blueheaven=mememe=aeauooo

And you are all a male. ??? What's it to you. Seriously!

•  04-24-2008, 8:58 PM

aeauooo has some concerning post on allnurses himself.

Very disturbing!  It's a good thing though that THOSE posts won't be going

anywhere soon either!

•  04-24-2008, 10:30 PM

jery cole:

anywhere soon either!

Why yes 'Jery Cole' you do have some concerning posts on allnurses.com; go crawl back into your little whole.

RN = Jack of All Trades
  •  04-24-2008, 10:38 PM

jery cole:

anywhere soon either!

No muscleman - I don't have any problem with anyone reading my posts on allnurses - otherwise I wouldn't have put them out there for the whole world to read. I invite anyone on this blog to read my posts on allnurses.com.

How would you feel about having people in this blog read your posts on ratemds.com, ultimatenurse.com, or voy.com?

Unlike yours, my posts on allnurses.com pass muster with the moderators there. The moderators have blocked your accounts and removed the threads you started ('whoa...inappropriate' and 'against the grain'), so you can't direct people to them anymore.

Unlike you, I do not sign on with different usernames. I am who I am and have no reason to hide behind other identities.

As I told you before, if you are going to send Email to my private account, please have the courage not to use an anonymous remailer.

My offer for a cup of coffee at Cafe du Monde still stands. Let me know, I'll meet you down there.

Page 2 of 4 (60 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >