Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

private duty nursing

Last post 06-12-2009, 3:21 AM by Martin. 19 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (20 items)   < Previous 1 2
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  06-29-2008, 8:20 PM

• Ann Wallace is not online. Last active: 07-28-2008, 4:59 PM Ann Wallace
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • LPN, CMC,BSHS
    • ElderCare Resources, LLC
    • Waterbury, CT
    • 2 Posts

Re: private duty nursing

Hi Michelle My name is Ann and I have been an LPN for over 25 years. I have been in Nursing Homes as an administrator for about 20 years. I also am a Geriatric Care manager in Waterbury. I am trying to get back into hands on nursing however no one wants to hire me because I have had no recent hands on except as Geriatric Care Manager and I am doing assessments but that doesn't count. I have seen ads for Pediatric Private duty with extensive training. Do you think that is an option? I am open to any advise you have or any ideas you can think of. Since you are close by I thought I would email you. I hope you don't mind. Thanks.

Ann 

•  06-30-2008, 5:25 PM

• Ann Wallace is not online. Last active: 07-28-2008, 4:59 PM Ann Wallace
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • LPN, CMC,BSHS
    • ElderCare Resources, LLC
    • Waterbury, CT
    • 2 Posts

HI michelle if you want you can email me at my adress awall47@att.net
  •  07-09-2008, 5:58 PM

DEAR  TERI;                        

I WAS READING YOUR EMAIL ON 12/30/07 AND SOMETHING THAT YOU SAID CAUGHT MY ATTENTION. I AM AN LPN FOR 14 YEARS AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING EVERYTHING FROM  PRIVATE DUTY, HOME HEALTH, STAFFING WITH AGENCY, WORK IN LONG TERM FACILITY AND HOSPITAL. I DID A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING. BUT NOW I AM 42YRS OLD AND I WANT TO TRY NEW THING . I AM ALSO STILL TAKING SOME CLASSES FOR MY RN . BUT I WOULD LIKE TO GET MY HANDS ON GETTING TO WORK FOR MY SELF AND BE MY OWN BOSS, GET MY OWN CLIENTS. I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME MORE FEEDBACK FROM YOU PLEASE OR TO GET IN TOUCH MORE VIA EMAIL IN ORDER TO GET THE INFO  ON HOW TO GET PATIENTS. BY THE WAY I LIVE IN MIAMI, FLORIDA. THANK YOU.

•  12-30-2008, 1:33 PM

I love private duty as well but the family could make or break everthing. i do peds and if the family is nice then i know this is the case for me but some families are bitter and difficult so private duty is great but let me be honest that it can only be great if the family is pleasant usually the Pt. is not a problem.
  •  06-12-2009, 3:21 AM

• Martin is not online. Last active: 06-27-2017, 8:39 AM Martin
    • Joined on 06-12-2009
    • LVN Med/Psych
    • Self Employed
    • Hayward, CA
    • 5 Posts

I guess I did like being a private nurse b/c I called the shots. I had one patient all to myself the whole night for 12 hours x4 NOCs. Everything was fine while a charitable organization supplemented the hours I billed. I was in the process of getting set up to do business with Medi-Cal, which took me a whole year to complete, just to find out Medi-Cal was not responsible for paying me. After a year the charitable organization cut me off and it took me 6 months to get paid by the correct insurance Co. I was so stressed I took 2 weeks off in May, 2k9. When I returned I was informed that my services were no longer needed.

I don't think I'll ever go back to private duty nursing, at least not where Medi-Cal is concerned. 

50-1-50.com
Page 2 of 2 (20 items)   < Previous 1 2