Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

Last post 05-27-2009, 9:18 PM by Jill Schoenig. 80 replies.
Page 2 of 6 (81 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  12-03-2007, 7:00 PM

Re: how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

if you still have the modules I would be interested in purchasing them. email aylysh@yahoo.com with price and other pertinent info

thanks

•  12-03-2007, 8:03 PM

A few year ago, I started the program; however you must be very disapline to study on your own with no teacher and clase room to go to.  For me it did not work.
  •  02-11-2008, 3:55 PM

Im intersted in the books and CDs please reply at corneliusomar@aol.com
  •  02-20-2008, 6:51 PM

Lisa Smith:
    I was a traveling LPN. I bought the whole program, if you are a good self studier, it isnt that hard. Had to quit the program and move back to IL.( family issues) which doesn't except the program. Still have all the books and info if you're interested. 
  •  03-28-2008, 5:32 PM

I also just started through the college network I have my 1st module AP.  Looks a little overwhelming right now, I am trying to disipline myself  to studying, its been a while  I really want to do this, so I will . Just probably need that push every now and then,   Email pkinner333@yahoo.com
  •  07-10-2008, 3:46 AM

I am currently enrolled with the college network. my first module is Sociology, I am finding this extremely hard to comprehend. Any suggestions
  •  07-13-2008, 8:39 PM

are you interested in selling the books from excelsior program? if so how much? signed extremely interested buyer

•  07-15-2008, 9:25 AM

Hi,  I purchased the Rue Education program and find that if I study the material in the workbooks and highlight the material  in  the text books, I  have been able to pass the tests.  The hardest thing is to discipline yourself to study on a regular basis.  I have finished a course in as little as a  month  and also taken 6 months to finish another.  I have also looked up course content on the web, just to get a little  extra  reading in.   I find  the  service representatives at Rue extremely helpful.   Hopefully  The College Network has the same thing.   I do  plan on taking Microbiology at my local community college because I feel it will be easier, rather than trying to do it through home study.  I hope that helps you.  Marijo
  •  07-21-2008, 1:16 PM

Marijo Smith:
    Hi,  I purchased the Rue Education program and find that if I study the material in the workbooks and highlight the material  in  the text books, I  have been able to pass the tests.  The hardest thing is to discipline yourself to study on a regular basis.  I have finished a course in as little as a  month  and also taken 6 months to finish another.  I have also looked up course content on the web, just to get a little  extra  reading in.   I find  the  service representatives at Rue extremely helpful.   Hopefully  The College Network has the same thing.   I do  plan on taking Microbiology at my local community college because I feel it will be easier, rather than trying to do it through home study.  I hope that helps you.  Marijo

I was in contact with RUE, College Network at a point in time. I finally just applied to Excelsior. There is a forum at allnurses.com, many ppl regret throwing away money. My problem with Excelsior (I just found out), ASN & AAS degress are not eligible for financial aid (Fafsa). Now I know why ppl are going through RUE and College Network. So, my question is: RUE, is it affordable???

•  07-24-2008, 10:49 AM

I submitted some of my college credits to excelsior college and have many books from the College Network if you are interested, I still have 9 credits to complete before starting the nursing componet of the program. if you are interested in learning module just  e-mail me at

mnurse1965@aol.com

•  07-29-2008, 4:00 PM

I just enrolled in RUE.  It was $200 down and $142 a month which I find very affordable.  I haven't received any books yet, but the courses you have to take all seemed reasonable i. e. no world religion on the list.  Hope this helps.  I have been an LPN for 20 years.   Thinking there will be some of them I can breeze through!  

•  07-29-2008, 4:04 PM

I have been enrolled in this program for awhile now. I love the fact that I can study at my own pace it fits when you work FT and have a family. Sociology was the hardest for me I really had to push myself. I just did not find it interesting enough to keep my attention. I think this was one of the times I wish I had a study buddy to push me a little harder.
  •  08-08-2008, 11:58 AM

it is a good program as long as you do not live in virginia. va will not honor it after dec 2009
  •  08-11-2008, 8:23 PM

I am very interested in the college network. Does anyone know if the Board of Nursing in Massachusetts accepts this program at excelsior?  I don't want to get through with the program and try to take my boards and them tell me that they will not accept my education.
  •  08-12-2008, 6:49 PM

I brought the books in October of last year and have not been able to discipline myself to study, if anyone would be interested in starting a study group I would be willing to join, in order to complete this program you need a little kick in the behind every once in a while.  As much as I want to be an RN that does not motivate me to want to study.  Any suggestions feel free to email me at goinsnicole@hotmail.com
Page 2 of 6 (81 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »