Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

disturbing sexual behavior of female nurses

Last post 09-26-2018, 1:09 PM by R Raffie. 60 replies.
Page 3 of 5 (61 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  06-08-2008, 6:31 AM

Re: disturbing sexual behavior of female nurses

Behavior and attitudes by healthcare personnel (I'll refrain from using the term "professional") are also debated on the Bioethics Discussion Blog. This site was started by a medical doctor that is a medical school professor in CA at a well known and prestigious college.  Seems that he is one person who has a desire to bring this issue to the forefront.  Another thread to note :   "Trauma Naked" on Allnuurses.com. This is disturbing.   Facilities do NOT address the male privacy, gender preference, modesty issues that men are "assumed" not to have.  Many do have these issues but do not communicate their feelings. Rather, they go along with silent compliance because they feel they have no choice when in fact they would prefer same gender care.  

•  07-01-2008, 1:37 AM

After finding MuscleMans attack on ER nurses and complianing about his ER visit, I have to wonder if he weren't Roid Raging.  I can understand his concern and frustration with his privacy, but his continued attack on nurses speaks to his personality. 
  •  07-02-2008, 9:30 AM

Maybe he wants to get a point across to nurses in general. Regardless of the continued discussion or "attacks" as you state of this person maybe has nothing to do with a flaw in his personality. Who are we to judge? Nurses should not behave as such. Read the "bioethics discussion blog" by Maurice Berstein, MD, a UCLA medical instructor.  Many ethical issues are discussed there but one blog that is loaded with over 1500 posts is from patients (majority male gender) which are not happy with healthcare in which they are routinely subjected to female intimate care. Search under Patient Modesty.  Patient Modesty a more significant issue? Patient Modesty Volumes 2, 3, 4, and Naked.  Truly a double standard exists in our system for a variety of reasons. But the bottom line is that not all men are comfortable with the system as it is delivered. Nurses and other techs really should be aware of this issue and it needs to be addressed at all levels from administration down. 
  •  07-02-2008, 9:17 PM

Carla,

This is Anndrea.  I need to talk with you about a problem with Sable's reg. papers.  Please email me at sablenann@hotmail.com 

•  07-04-2008, 1:54 AM

I understand the problem with being male and privacy in healthcare, however, if you read all of MuscleMans posts, he attacked individual nurses and even suggested that some find other jobs.  Again, I can sympathize with anyone that has a valid complaint, but attacking other posters who have nothing to do with his privacy during his hospital stay is inappropriate. 

I see the same thing happen in reverse all the time.  Some smooth talking sauve "metrosexual" comes into the ER for treatment, and as long as a pretty blond who is "well endowned" is caring for him, he's fine. But let one of the guys walk into the room to care for him and all of a sudden every male nurse on the face of the earth is evil and gay. Happens all the time. So with that said, I have little sympathy for someone like MuscleMan that insists on belittling every nurse that responds to his post.

•  07-05-2008, 12:25 PM

I totally agree with you. If men are looking for a blond and well endowed they should go to a bar. And, yes, muslcleman or whomever, should not demean and insult ALL nurses for whatever happened. That said, nurses and other healthcare personnel need to respect a patients' privacy rights and preferences for intimate care.
  •  07-27-2008, 10:16 AM

D Evans:
    Maybe he wants to get a point across to nurses in general. Regardless of the continued discussion or "attacks" as you state of this person maybe has nothing to do with a flaw in his personality. Who are we to judge? Nurses should not behave as such. Read the "bioethics discussion blog" by Maurice Berstein, MD, a UCLA medical instructor.  Many ethical issues are discussed there but one blog that is loaded with over 1500 posts is from patients (majority male gender) which are not happy with healthcare in which they are routinely subjected to female intimate care. Search under Patient Modesty.  Patient Modesty a more significant issue? Patient Modesty Volumes 2, 3, 4, and Naked.  Truly a double standard exists in our system for a variety of reasons. But the bottom line is that not all men are comfortable with the system as it is delivered. Nurses and other techs really should be aware of this issue and it needs to be addressed at all levels from administration down. 

Visit patientprivacy.blogspot.com  or better yet go to //topofmyhead...examples_of_unprofessional_nursing. Yes there

is a double standard in nursing and its very disturbing. People call themselves professional, what a joke.

•  10-01-2008, 10:48 AM

As a member of Ultimatenurse, I can attest that Muscleman has posted on Ultimatenurse with the same 'poor attitude', and he clearly has an agenda.  I locked said thread, due to attacks on posters, insulting behaviours, etc. 

I whole heartedly agree that this guy is a troublemaker. 

As for AN....let's not even go there. 

•  10-08-2008, 8:30 AM

It seems the moderators of allnurses and perhaps your site ultimate nurse have a very pointed bias on any discussion with regard to patient dignity, privacy and personal initimate care provided by opposite gender healthcare workers.  Why is that?  It is clearly an issue with many patients and their families and according to all regulations and guideline patients have every right to expect respect and have a preference accommodated. Other than insulting or rude remarks from some boggers, this topic seems to threaten many female nurses. I personally think this attitude is way out of line.
  •  10-24-2008, 11:56 PM

D Evans:
    It seems the moderators of allnurses and perhaps your site ultimate nurse have a very pointed bias on any discussion with regard to patient dignity, privacy and personal initimate care provided by opposite gender healthcare workers.  Why is that?  It is clearly an issue with many patients and their families and according to all regulations and guideline patients have every right to expect respect and have a preference accommodated. Other than insulting or rude remarks from some boggers, this topic seems to threaten many female nurses. I personally think this attitude is way out of line.

I've checked out both AN AND UN.  No bias at UltimateNurse....sorry!  Whereas said post would have been AND had been pulled immediately at AN, post was left at UN.  Why?  Probably because you just can't please everyone.  And you wonder where some of the crazy lawsuits come from? 

Looks like musclehead, er....muscleman had the attitude.  True, nurses are professionals.  Treat us as such, and there should not be any problems.

•  11-01-2008, 11:39 AM

Cyndi Lawson:

D Evans:

I've checked out both AN AND UN.  No bias at UltimateNurse....sorry!  Whereas said post would have been AND had been pulled immediately at AN, post was left at UN.  Why?  Probably because you just can't please everyone.  And you wonder where some of the crazy lawsuits come from? 

Looks like musclehead, er....muscleman had the attitude.  True, nurses are professionals.  Treat us as such, and there should not be any problems.

Its not about you! It never was about you. Its about respecting the patient AND the privacy of the patient. Thats why so many people

are seeing nurses as unprofessionals.

•  12-09-2008, 3:16 PM

Steve is correct. Nurses, I believe, are insensitive to the patient's feelings. Many patients don't speak up when it clearly is a concern. They feel they have lost control and are in an environment where their rights have been taken and must follow what they are told to do. Nurses and doctors assume far too much. Patient's right and preference on gender care for ALL procedures  and treatments (both in and out of surgery) should be considered. A patient has every right for their wishes to not only questioned and considered but accomodated. Both male and female patients! It has nothing to do with the nurse ...it is ABOUT the patient who by the way is the one giving you the job and paying your wages. They are the boss (or should be..but that is forgotten along the way).
  •  01-26-2009, 3:00 PM

Here here hsmod!  Great response!
  •  01-26-2009, 3:10 PM

I disagree dutchie.  If you back up the opinions of the majority of commenters there I hope you don't work at my local hospital.  How can anyone say that NO nurses go into nursing for the nudity?  Have you interviewed every nurse in the country?  How can anyone say how ALL NURSES act or believe?  Men have (or should have) the same rights as female patients.  If we request a male nurse or assistant for intimate exams or procedures our wish should be granted without an argument or the female nurse acting insulted.  A nurse, male or female, shouldn't be surprised if a patient requests someone of the same gender.  Are you unable to understand this?
  •  01-26-2009, 3:53 PM

I think some of his complaints are valid.  I've had many bad nurses in my days.  So many think they are "entitled" to do whatever they want, especially concerning nudity.  They think since they are a nurse they are entitled to see and touch anything they want.  The patient is at her facility and so the patient is now her property.  Anyone who objects to her behavior or methods is considered a bad patient no matter how unethical or unneeded her actions are.  I would rather insert my own urinary catheter than have them treating my most private of parts like the stick shift of a car stuck between gears. 

Not all are bad by any means.  I think I've just been very unlucky. 

Page 3 of 5 (61 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >