Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

New Lpn to BSN - distance learning

Last post 02-01-2009, 6:31 PM by Kim Kelley. 35 replies.
Page 3 of 3 (36 items)   < Previous 1 2 3
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  12-30-2008, 7:49 PM

Re: RE:Excelsior/RUe

Hi there!

I know you wrote in a long time ago. I completely understand what you are going through. I am in a similar situation. If you are in the Arizona area try University of Phoenix. The program sounds awesome. I have inquired about the program. It is the only school that is accepted in every state. Indiana State is accepted in most states ( Texas is the only 1 I found that doesn't accept it). If you do ISU you have to go through the College Network. I didn't want a 3rd party school. I looked at other schools there are NET test, ACE, PAX then the age of prerequisites, then when the program starts. This is the reason there is a nursing shortage. There is too much red tape to get in. There are alot of smart people that are  not furthering their career because they get frustrated. Don't give up. Let me know how it goes. I have gotten info about alot of programs. Let me know if you need help. Good luck!

•  01-15-2009, 8:55 PM

Re: New Lpn to BSN - distance learning

hello

I am an l.p.n. trying to get my R.N. degree online.

I have been in contact with college network.. whom is  suppose to be connected with Excelsior.

Help...

I live in Wisconsin.....

I just want my degree.

•  01-17-2009, 6:53 PM

Re: RE:New Lpn to BSN - distance learning

wow! I am blown away at the income you stated that your friend is making as a lpn in Centralia after some 26 years.  I have been a lpn for 18months, and currently have two jobs. The first is in a nursing home working 2nd shift, and I earn $17.13/hr. The second is in a doctor's office during the day making $14.59/hr.  I currently live in the hampton roads area of Virginia.  Needless to say we are all very much under paid.  The idea of returning to school through distance learning sounds great for me and my busy schedule. I will explore all the suggestions you all have made.  Please continue to report your experiences.  Will let you all know if Virginia will reconize the degree program also.

•  01-31-2009, 11:47 PM

I recently signed up with college network, I found there prices to be pretty reasonable. I agree with getting basic RN first then moving up the ladder. I really havn't been making the time to study efficiently. I want to be sure that I pass the course test the first time I go to take them. Do you have any opinion on how I should study or make the time to study?
  •  02-01-2009, 6:27 PM

Re: New Lpn to BSN - distance learning

Thanks for the information, however, if you click on that link, it takes you to college network.  You will get better information if you go directly to the Indiana State University's website.  It gives you all the information you need. 

College network only provides you with printed materials, and each module costs you $500. 

•  02-01-2009, 6:31 PM

Hi, please call the colleges directly.  The college network is only a publishing company.  That's all.

Page 3 of 3 (36 items)   < Previous 1 2 3