Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

Last post 05-27-2009, 9:18 PM by Jill Schoenig. 80 replies.
Page 3 of 6 (81 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  08-16-2008, 4:32 PM

Re: how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

Hello Lisa,

Last July I transfered schools because of too much going on with my family, etc. I was going to a local college, and found that it was just too stressful traveling 30 minutes each way ,and going to classes 3-5 days a week along with working full time 4 days a week. I was recommended to use the College Network, and then apply to Excelsior College after I bought all of my books. (which I did last summer). Only after I paid my fees and purchased my books I found out that I did not need to apply at the college network at all. I only needed to apply at Excelsior college, and transfer my credits from my previous college . Unfortunately, I wasted about $3,000 by signing on for books at college network (that are worthless to me because you then have to purchase books from excelsior )(because they do not give enough information in their study books to pass Excelsior's exams), so if you plan on applying to Excellsior College do not bother to sign up with the college network , because they are NOT a school, they only sell books geared towards online study programs. I passed my first exam that was required  in december which is Information Literacy .I got a 100, but it was very hard. Much harder than going to classes at a school with a professor. I also applied for 2 other courses which I have to finish by december 30th. I only have A&P, andall of the nursing courses ,and  a 3 day clinical left to get my degree .Not bad,huh?The only problem is disciplining yourself. I had lots going on last year and this year  to hold me back. Now I need to get moving and finish my exams. Good luck and I  hope that I was helpful to you.

Karen

Karen
  •  08-21-2008, 3:31 PM

i heard you spend alot more money, going throught the college network.

i would appreciate any feed back regarding excersior program. i am almost 50 yrs. old.

have had my LPN for 30 yrs. Would love to complete my RN. good self disipline.

But, where can one find monies to complete school?

•  08-28-2008, 4:45 PM

why doesn't exceisor college accept  the program
  •  08-28-2008, 4:49 PM

good job lisa

i too was crazy and sign up for college network and only got the material that is doing me no good. i really thinking about signing up with excelsior college so far all i have only heard good thing.

good luck

•  09-08-2008, 4:00 PM

Hi Nicole I bought the modules before I even finished LPN school. One of my co workers and I are planning on meeting every Monday and Wedensday to study at Borders bookstore at Northlake Mall if you are interested you are more than welcome to email me. We are trying to pace ourselves at 1 module a month to be able to finish within 6 months or so. 
  •  09-08-2008, 4:07 PM

one of my coworkers and I are planning on meeting every monday and wedensday to study at Borders bookstore in Northlake Mall. If you are interested you can email me. We are trying to pace ourselves at 1 module a month so we can be finish in about 6 months or so
  •  09-12-2008, 3:48 AM

no not for Maryland
  •  09-15-2008, 7:47 PM

•   is not online. Last active: 09-16-2008, 2:27 PM
    • Joined on 09-15-2008
    • LPN
    • maxium
    • North Merrick, NY
    • 1 Posts

I would be interrested please e-mail me @ lvlife123321@yahoo.com Have blessed day
  •  09-16-2008, 4:04 PM

Hi suzanne my name is ava and i am new to advance lpn..I am also just starting the excelsior program and i am very interested in any info you have or books you would like to sell..look forward to hearing from you.
  •  09-26-2008, 10:58 AM

I would be interested in those books.  You may contact me at mindlessbs@aol.com if you have them still available, so we can discuss prices

Thanks

Mychal

•  10-01-2008, 10:50 PM

Hi Susan,

I am currently studying for my first exam, and I am unclear as to how they grade it.  Can you give me some insight?  Thanks.

•  10-01-2008, 10:57 PM

Thanks Lisa,

Very helpful information you gave.

•  10-06-2008, 5:43 PM

Hello

I have been enrolled in this school (RUE) since 2007. I live in Georgia and the Georgia Board of Nursing made a rule starting July 1, 2008, no longer accepts RUE/Excelsior as an accredited school. Please check with your local Board to see if any restrictions apply. Thank God the tests I have taken thus far were CLEP exam and they are accepted college wide. I know of Kentucky and Virginia have some issues also. I have taken a different route on getting my RN degree. Good Luck, hope this info. helps.

Kimberly R. Lo

LPN of 20 years

2005 LPN of the Year

•  10-06-2008, 5:51 PM

Hello~

I have been enrolled with RUE/Excelsior since 2007. The Ga. Board of Nursing has made a rule stating that as of July 2008. They will no longer accept RUE/Excelsior as an accredited school. Please check with your local board about other states. I know of Kentucky and Virginia with some issues also. Never dreamed this would happen. I have been an LPN for 20 years and this way was the best option for me at the time. Not sure about the college network. Going to take a different route on getting my RN degree.

Hope this help~

Kimberly R. Lo

2005 LPN of the Year

•  10-06-2008, 9:00 PM

I love Excelsior. I got used books from my RN supervisor and use those. I download the free study guides, look up the info in the books, study and take the exam. I've completed units l, skipped  #2 for LPNS, did unit3 and getting ready for unit 4 this month. I pay as I go, no student aid here.  After I completed pre requsests  and liberal art classes at my community college they said there was a one year wait for the core nursing classes. I said no way and went to Excelsior. This school is no longer accepting students in Virginia because the laws have changed.  Hurry up and do it.

Pat Mitchell

dy2try@yahoo.com 

Page 3 of 6 (81 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »