Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

disturbing sexual behavior of female nurses

Last post 09-26-2018, 1:09 PM by R Raffie. 60 replies.
Page 4 of 5 (61 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  01-26-2009, 3:55 PM

Re: disturbing sexual behavior of female nurses

Agreed.

•  01-26-2009, 4:05 PM

If you don't act like a professional many patients won't treat you as such.  Here we go again, one nurse that says "ALL nurses do this" and "ALL nurses think that".  How could you possibly know that?  I have two aunts that are nurses.  Do you know what each of them thinks or how they act?

The fact is there are many good nurses and many bad nurses.  Many people who comment here have been unfortunate to get a bad nurse.  Don't call them liars and say ALL nurses act professionally.  Many don't.

•  01-26-2009, 4:06 PM

Excellent response D Evans!!!
  •  02-13-2009, 9:18 AM

Hi. I am Linda Smith, a 23 years old women suffered from a painful disease of mouth named Burning Mouth Syndrome. It is a condition that causes pain in the mouth, lips or tongue without any clear reason. BMS afflicts seven times more women than men, affecting between 1.5% and 5.5% of middle-aged to elderly women. I have lost a lot of weight because I am unable to eat anything. Nothing seems to have any taste. Then I visited a site http://burningmouthsyndrome.boomja.com/ which contained detailed description of every aspect of BMS. All my queries were solved. It helped me to take a better care of myself and recover faster.

•  08-19-2009, 6:54 AM

Kay,

Initally eight female nurses-technicians were fired at an Arizonia hospital on June 29, 2009 for taking pictures of a males genitils,with a cell phone camera and sending them throughout the hospital, the patient latter died for reasons not specified. Some of the people fired must have been rehired after the investigation, the final outcome was four nurse-technicians. I have included a link to the story and did a copy paste of one of the articles. There were several that hit the internet about it, this one doesn't specify there gender, the others said they were all female nurses and technicians. This has happened at other facilities as well, it is a disturbing trend. HIPPA was set up to protect your medical records for privacy. We have no protection for bodily privacy in a medical setting (especially for men) just the person's word (Were All Professionals Here). The odd thing here or distrubing thing about this is you never hear about photos of women being taken and spread around the hospitals, that would be considered an outrage, and not tolerated by anyone. There would be a whistle blower somewhere to stop it, men are fair game. Although in this instance I believe it was a female nurse that saw the pictures after everyone in the hospital viewed them that turned in the guilty parties, God Bless Her. I'm not sure how to ensure this dosen't happen to anyone in the future male or female, you can train to be a professional but its whats inside each individual's head after that training. Just because they earn a degree and are qualified dosen't mean they aren't a perv. In fact what better place to work if you were, it would be like a gay boy scout Master or Gym teacher. Somehow these people need to be checked more closely, I'm sure for the most part the majority are caring and wonderful care givers.

Lefteddie

•  05-15-2011, 1:21 AM

I know this is an old post and probally noone will read this, I would like to get this off my chest.  I have been on the recieving end of the lack of respect for patients modesty.  During my recent visit to the hospital I had a very ill trained nurse place a uninary catheter in me, it caused me to have a bad UTI  I was exposed to the whole recovery ward (male and female ) patients while this was being done with me requesting  for more privacy.  I was ignored and then even scolded for being so unreasonalbely modest.  There were even visitors for the recovering patients coming thru the area that would stop and watch what was being done to me.  When I was moved to a room the nurses would leave the door open leaving me exposed to the hall when they came in to check the wound site, Then would leave me uncovered when they left, leaving the door still wide open to the hall.  It was so blatent that a minister who was visiting the room across the hall came in and covered me up and then told the director of nurses what was being done to me.  her reply was "he is sedated and doesnt know what is being done to him so dont let it worry you"  All though I could not recover my self I was aware of the situation. When my wife came in to see me she even complained to the staff about it. They just laughed at her,  and she called my doctor and told them what was going on.  Then they came in and yelled at me about being so damn modest.  Now I was in for a heart problem,  So dont tell me all nurses respect a male's modesty or feelings.  Most today think they are in CHARGE OF THE WORLD  and a man has to do what they say and CONTEND WITH WHAT THEY WANT TO DO.   Every one of these nurses are still employed at the same hospital and still treat men like garbage.  I dont trust nurses any further than I can throw an elephant by the tail.  I wish I could be a nurse for one of them to let them see how it feels to be humilated like I was.  I bet they would yell their heads off.
  •  06-10-2011, 2:29 PM

You indicated that boards of nursing are under great pressure to prosecute and revoke licenses of nurses who engage in this kind of behavior.  I wish these boards would confine their meddlings to these horrific insults to the nurse practice act and leave the rest of us alone.  I am currently served an accusatiion that is little more than an alleged medication error where the board said I failed to administer three routine medications on my shift.  An ignorant Phillipino nurse reported me for this.  More evidence of not only the country, but the profession going the way of immigrants and lowlifes.  Another one of her friends alleged I did something else, that thank god never saw the light of day. 

•  06-10-2011, 2:44 PM

As a male, RN, reading what these nurses in the MICU did, should result in their immediate dismissal and possible prosecution.  I'm a great admirer of the male body, but never, never, never at work.  To hear about situations like this happpening, tells me some "professional" nurses are unable or unwilling to fight against some basic human urges.  What next?  They'd pee on the floor if they can't get to the bathroom?

Somewhere along the line, nursing schools got permission to "admit by lotttery" their nursing school applicants.  Is this any way to pick our RN's of tomorrow?  When I entered school in 1976 two interviews were required, your appearance, poise, and ability to communicate were all evaluated by the admission committee.  Not everyone who applies deserves to be admitted to nursing school despite what some "political correct" people seem to think  In a state like California, the Bay Area in particular, a new graduate can pull down close to 100K a year and we chose them by "blind" selection?.  Now, for example, a floor I worked on at UCSD Medical School in San Diego is 100 percent foreign trained nurses.  There is a photo of them in the May 9, 2011 issue of Advance Nurses.  Not ONE white face among them.  What the hell is going on here?  I could use a job - so let's see what happens when I reapply after leaving on good terms twenty years ago?  Hmmmm.

•  06-10-2011, 3:14 PM

Jay,, my friend,  you are NOT too modest, you didn't demand anything but what was rightfully yours - respect and dignity and privacy.  But,,, and this is a huge BUT, where were your "cajones" my friend?  I would have yelled like crazy.  I wouldn't let anyone touch me that I didn't feel was completely and totally competent.  Male strongly preferred if a urinary catheter was being inserted. And if I wasn't properly covered and curtains pulled, doors shut, I'd  have had every administrator up there to make sure it happened.  Then if that didn't work, I'd call the JCOAH and report them.  Then, I'd throw a bedpan if I had to to get someone's attention.  This was inexcusable on your caregivers part.  I trust you will never let this happen again and you'll follow up on this disgusting violation of your rights as a patient. 
  •  06-19-2011, 9:14 PM

Jay - as a compliance officer for a large medical center I am appalled at the treatment you received. Every patient has a right to be treated with dignity and to be treated with respect, including the right to privacy and bodily privacy. The intentional or ignorant disregard for your rights by this nurse is disturbing - we do NOT need nurses or any individual like this in medicine. Without going into all the violations associated with your care let me tell you how you can effect corrective action and changes at the hospital that mistreated you. Most hospitals participate in Medicare/Medicaid. Most hospitals also get accreditation - usually by The Joint Commission (www.jointcommission.org). Usually the Joint Commission accreditation is in lieu of a Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) survey (hospitals do NOT like the government visiting their premises). You will need to verify who accredits the hospital you received ill treatment at and than submit your description of this very unfortunate experience, alongs with name of the hospital, area(s) of the hospital you were in, times/date(s) of events, any names of nurses and staff,you or your wife can remember, etc. to the accrediting body (most likely the Joint Commission). You also submit the same complaint letter to CMS. CMS is divided into regions - you will have to search online and find the regional office for your state and submit your complaint (about violation of patient rights, patient privacy) to that office. You also should submit the same material to the state Public Health Service/Dept. of Health Services that licenses hospitals in your State. All these regulatory agencies have patient rights standards that were violated and thus the hospital will have to defend their abhorrent practices. This is costly and if they get more than one complaint like this not only do their defense expenses climb, fines can occur and they run the risk of losing accreditation, licensing, or participation in federal healthcare programs. That is MONEY talks! You also should complain to the state board of nursing about the particular nurse who "scolded" you for being unreasonably modest - you were NOT. Try and submit as many facts as you can. This helps all agencies to substantiate the abuse. Finally, you can of course seek private legal action. I would only pursue that after you have done the above (you have a couple years to file a lawsuit.) The problem with lawsuits of this type is the settlement is small (not commensurate with your suffering and mistreatment) and the settlement is confidential (and thus you are prohibited from disclosing further). Better that the hospital gets exposed to the public for the shabby practices (yes, those agency investigations are available to the public). I would urge all future readers that post here with similar violations of their privacy and dignity to also file complaints to these agencies. Females do this frequently and have done so for many years. Last time I checked males have the exact same rights under CMS, Joint Commission, and state licensing agencies. (And no, you do not have to be a medicare/medicaid beneficiary to complain to CMS - the same rights must be provided any patient who presents to CMS participating hospitals). Good luck my friend.
  •  06-21-2011, 12:44 AM

I agree and very disappointed. These type of things should be stoped.

Nursing Assistant | Nursing Assistant Salary
  •  10-18-2011, 10:14 AM

it is ethically to right for nurse to show any sexual desires to the patients or any other person in the hospital.

what she does out side is her personal life but doin things with patients is wrong and strict action should be taken against anyone who found guilty of doing the act.

Weight Loss Operations
    Weight Loss Surgery
    Gastric Weight Loss Surgery
  •  10-18-2011, 11:34 AM

that should not be tolerated such behavior of nurses.imagine a nurse showing a sexual behavior to a patient that is really very awkward or very much disturbing.

Mri Technician
    Mri Tech
    Mri Technologist
  •  11-17-2016, 3:59 PM

I was molested by female nurse PIG who got me prepared for gyno doc she caused me to be sick every time i had to go to a doctor I living with anguish at the idea of even being female since having to live with doctors care of gyn exam as a lifestyle or just to exist in a female body. Nurses have no sense of responsibility since there is NO guidlines as to a womans sexuality and they think anything goes. I live in fear of going to a dr. due to humilating experience and now recently had a *** try to make my gyn exam NICE so i almost vomited all over her! PIG I learned recently on the web (NOT VIA GOOGLE THO) what to expect during a gyn exam so that I also can say NO to the unnecessary Pelivc exam Medical jurnals say NOT needed serves on purpose is useless but they still LOVE doing it! PIGS. I now know exact procedure for gyn exam and what to expect from a doctor and will never let anyone touch me except emergency I would rather DIE!

•  01-12-2018, 2:57 AM

Men being concerned about decency, modesty, privacy,doesn't make them women haters those days are over.Men are not cowering being called sexist any longer. When I objected to having to many people in the room when I was having a procedure ,I was told were all professionals, we've seen it all before ,don't be silly ( name calling ) I reported that one too the state medical board,they told the nurse to stop calling people silly .I know it was a small incident but that's how stressed out I was. How the nurse feels means nothing to me, it's how I feel,all the nurse wanted to do is argue,I was the one upset. All she had to do is use common sense and shut up. 
Page 4 of 5 (61 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >