Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

Medical Billing & Coding

Last post 08-09-2016, 5:19 AM by Kevin Bradley. 51 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (52 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  01-11-2016, 11:54 PM

Re: Medical Billing & Coding

I was wondering if straight out of college a lot of people have gotten jobs.?
  •  01-14-2016, 8:30 PM

I have just started the Medical Coding and Billing program and I love it. What is the difference between getting the certificate or the AS/AAS degree? Is it just the difference in course work or are there other aspects to it as well?
  •  01-18-2016, 7:10 PM

I am a current HINT student working on my AAS. I plan to graduate in the spring of 2017. I am interested in coding and I am not afraid of starting at the bottom and gaining knowledge as I move ahead, I just have a question about coding satisfaction. I see that you, Melinda, have been working as a coder for 11 years now, I have had people tell me that they got "burned out" on coding. Do you feel that has happened to you? 

Thanks for your help!

Sara  

•  01-19-2016, 12:00 PM

Hi Melinda,

I am currently pursuing my associates in Health Information Technology. I want to become a colder when I graduate but have no experience in the health field but my University offers assistance with finding a job after graduation. Do you think this will help? Or do you think I would still have to start out in a lower position than I will be qualified for?

•  01-20-2016, 10:48 AM

Hi Melinda,

I see that your post is 5 years old now. I have heard that in the past, it can be hard to get a coding job right out of school. But I also have heard that the demand for coding jobs is much higher now in 2016 because of the recent ICD-10 transition (previous coders not willing to learn the new system, companies opening up more positions). I am wondering if the demand will still be high when I graduate in the spring of 2017, or if companies will have adjusted by then and the demand will go back down. What are your thoughts?

•  01-20-2016, 11:18 AM

I know that this is an old post. My question would be with all the course in school that we are taking as an HIT, does it really prepare you for the real thing, meaning the workforce 
  •  08-09-2016, 5:19 AM

Good One
Page 4 of 4 (52 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4