Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

Last post 05-27-2009, 9:18 PM by Jill Schoenig. 80 replies.
Page 4 of 6 (81 items)   « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  10-07-2008, 11:39 AM

Re: how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

Indiana State University has a LPN to BSN program.  we have more more options now as LPNs
    stef
  •  10-07-2008, 4:15 PM

JUST KNOW THAT RUE AND COLLEGE NETWORK ARE PUBLISHING FIRMS..THE $5000-10,000 PRICE FOR THE MODULES ARE NOT WORTH IT . YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY $80-260 FOR EACH EXAM.IF YOU HAVE NO COLLEGE CREDITS .THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU.IF YOU HAVE SOME LIBERAL COLLLEGE CREDITS THAT YOU CAN CLEP BEFORE ENROLLING, DO SO.I WAS FALSELY SOLDS 13-MODULES AND THEY ADDED 5 MORE,,.A TOTAL OF 17 MODULES OR CLASSES..SO BILLED 150 A MONTH FOR THE NEXT 5 YRS I THINK..I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CANCEL AND AM STIKLL ABITRATING WITH COLLLEGE NETWORK AND THE CREDIT UNION...WISH ME LUCK. THE MODULES I HAVE AND WILL GLADLY GIVE THEM TO WHOMEVER WANTS. I JUST HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE//..PLUS IF YOU SIGN UP 4 FRIENDS , YOUR TUITION IS FREE....
  •  10-07-2008, 4:27 PM

HELLO,

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.. YOU DO NOT NEED THE COLLEGE NETWORK.. I AM STUCK WITH A  $6000 BILL...I AM TRING TO GET OUT OF. I WAS ABLE TO CANCEL ,(3 DAYS) THAT IS WHAT I AM DISPUTING..

•  10-19-2008, 5:52 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has had a good experience with The College Network.  I have not yet enrolled.  I have A&P, plus the nursing classes to take.  With Excelsior, do you pay as you go or is it like the College Network where you are committed to the total cost on day one?  When speaking to Excelsior, the admissions person did bring up a good point.  She said, "Since the professors of Excelsior are making up the exams, why would you uses someones elses materials in order to pass???  Good question... Any info. to help me decide which one would be great.  Thank you.

•  11-02-2008, 8:47 PM

I checked into this program as well and found it to be very expensive.  The program sounded easy to follow.  I loved the fact that I could go at my on speed.  Do you know anyone who is using this program?  
  •  11-03-2008, 8:54 AM

I bought the whole Nursing Program begining with the Nursing 1 and so forth. I found out that Georgia does not recorgnize the progam. I have the books if anyone is interested.
  •  11-03-2008, 5:53 PM

Jackie what program do u have and how much are u asking for the program  Nancy  thinking about maybe doing this but i am a widow and no extra money for school. been an lpn since 1992. I am a hopsice nurse and work nights in peoples homes so i would be able to study there with no problem.
  •  11-10-2008, 12:00 PM

Hi

I am interested in your program, I work in Foster care and trying to get my RN after 20 yrs, any assistance would b appreciated.

Thanks

•  11-11-2008, 2:02 PM

They chandged the program last year. Sadly now the program pass rate is 67%.

I hope they go back to the old curriculum. 67% is too low of a number to gamble with in today's economy.

Has anyone else found a good progam for LPN-->RN?

•  11-11-2008, 6:48 PM

I'm interested in the books
  •  11-17-2008, 6:09 PM

yes, I am interested. email me at  mrabitasprings.com Thanks

•  11-18-2008, 2:21 PM

I just finished all my nursing concept tests in Aug. and applied for my clinical last month. I'm still waiting on my clinical date. It took me about 4 years to finish everything ( I took my time). There not hard test if you study. I used College Network and thought it was good study material. I didn't use any other study guides and did fine on the test. Plan on investing a lot of money with Excelsior College and College Network. I bet all together I have spent $8000-$9000. I just put out $1900 to apply for my clinical. Every year you have to re-enroll with the college it's another ~$500. Each Exam is over $200 (times 7 exams+). Study guides for College Network ~$3000. And I havent paid for my flight or my hotel stay for my clinical. Oh yea and if you take a prep class for your clinical its another $600 plus flight and hotel for that trip. But, I sure think it will be worth it when I can put RN behind my name.

Jennifer, LPN

•  11-19-2008, 8:18 PM

Jennifer, since you have been through the College Network program do you recommend others use that program as well, or do you think it's better to complete the program directly through Excelsior, since that's the program College Network works from?  I have been debating which program to go with, but I want to start either one very soon.  Any information you can share would be very helpful.  Also, has Excelsior given you an estimate of how long you may have to wait in order to do your clinical?
  •  11-19-2008, 8:32 PM

Is there anyone that can give me more information on how Rue Education works?  Does it work like College Network?  Is it better to complete the program directly through Excelsior, since most of these other programs are completed through the Excelsior curriculum?  Also, is there anyone who has been directly through the Excelsior program and used military benefits (either military personnel or spouse benefits)?  I have just learned about the benefits Excelsior offers military personnel and their family, and I would like to know how valuable the benefits are.  Thanks for your help!
  •  11-19-2008, 10:20 PM

Caitlyn, I'm not sure about going directly through Excelsior, but I do know that College Network did a good job of preparing me for the tests. You can go on ebay and see if you can buy the nursing concepts 1 college network study guide for cheap and use it for your first test to see if it will work for you. I have seen several of the study guides (both Rue and College Network) on ebay. It might be a good start.

They say it can take 2-3 months after you appy for your clinical to get a date.

Page 4 of 6 (81 items)   « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >