Close Server: KOPWWW05 | Not logged in

Welcome to Health Care POV | sign in | join | help
in Search

how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

Last post 05-27-2009, 9:18 PM by Jill Schoenig. 80 replies.
Page 5 of 6 (81 items)   « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
Previous Discussion Next Discussion Sort Posts:
  •  11-25-2008, 3:22 AM

Re: how is the excelsior college lpn to rn program?

Hi Jennifer, so you had a good experience with college network nursing modules, you never had to buy any other books.  Wondering especially about the nursing modules, just have life span psych left as pre-requisite.  Anyone know the most cost effective and efficient way to buy the books for the nursing modules?
  •  11-28-2008, 10:04 PM

Jennifer,

First off let me say congrats on the progression of your RN career, it was very helpful and hopeful reading someones post who as I put it 'is in my own backyard'.  I've been an LPN for 10yrs and live in Spring Lake, NC.  My husband is in the Army and we got here in Dec.2007.  I figure since living the military life and always on the go that The College Network was the way to go.  I signed up while my husband was overseas back in 2006 but I have reluctantly not picked up the books, but I am itching and wanting to and after reading your post it inspired me to go forward with something I have put off for to long.  If I included my email address, I'm hoping you would be comfortable in corresponding with me on questions on how you progressed and studied.

Much Luck in your RN career!

Angelina Pfaff

shygirl797@aol.com

•  11-30-2008, 9:24 AM

Ebay is a good place to look for the nursing modules study guides if you dont want to spend $350 for each one. I didn't buy mine off ebay but I have seen them for sale for very cheap. I have seen them go for as little as $25. People just want to get rid of them when they finish...no since in keeping them. Good luck.

•  11-30-2008, 9:02 PM

Its a great program.  Have you decided to take any classes?  I have finished Introduction to Sociology, Anatomy & Physiology, Microbiology and American Literature.  I am looking for a buyer for these classes.  My email is rethapenney@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Good Luck

•  12-27-2008, 8:50 PM

I am interested in the excelsior program. Please email the price you are asking for your books. THANKS, MARGE
  •  12-29-2008, 6:47 PM

I was in the program untill Ga. BON stated that they are not endorsing the Ga nurses.Excelsior wanted me to continue taking the test, but I stop because it was not benfiting me to proceed on through them. I then transfered to the transitional learning doing wellin the class. 
    I am currentlent in the excelsior program studing for nc4.
  •  01-03-2009, 1:36 AM

Hi...I would really like to purchase the Rue CD's if any one out there would like to sell theirs.  I am doing the College Network but would like to have the Rue CD's to listen to because you can only read so much in one day.  My email is Catnip_Tee@yahoo.com  Thanks
  •  01-06-2009, 8:09 PM

Please research the excelsior program it is not what you think it is.

There are some changes within the program you need to know about

contact the Ga LPN Board before you sign up for excelsior.

PLEASE

#1 NURSE
  •  01-17-2009, 12:10 PM

Lisa

I have been interested but I bought college network and friend of mine said you have to have excelsor to pass test since they write them.  how much are you asking for your books?   you know you can finsh your classes and get 2 yrs experience and ZIll will accept it.

Pamela

•  01-17-2009, 12:14 PM

Suzanne

congradualations on you finishing you classes.  how mmuch are you asking all your stuff?

Pamela

•  01-21-2009, 5:42 PM

its been awhile since your post,  I was wondering how far you've gotten into the program.   I just signed on to TCN in October 2008 and Sociology was my first module, and I really struggled with it.  I'm almost done with it, and hopefully will take a test soon.

Please if anyone has completely completed schooling thru this company , please let me know.  Feeling alittle stupid for giving all this money to them and will get nothing out of it.

•  01-28-2009, 10:37 PM

Dear Susan,

I have all the books for the LPN to RN program, but I was wondering where you purchased your CD's?

Thanks for your time,

Elaine Moxley 

•  02-05-2009, 8:30 AM

hi i am interested in buying the books from you....im starting next month. Let me know how much u want for them
  •  03-19-2009, 10:58 AM

HI Im sorry to hear about your bad experience :( if you still have the the modules i would be more than willing to take them off your hands ...i really could use them at helping me to further my education esp the way the economy is :/ im an LPN and i work agency which cancels my schedule ALOT and having a layed off spouse money is real tight, changing roles i have to be the bread winner of the family. I hope to hear from yopu real soon ...Thank You for your time :)
  •  03-26-2009, 3:14 PM

I've been back and forth with Rue Ed (publishing company) for a while, not necessarily in a negative light. I've had some personal obstacles that I've had to start and stop studying several times. I started out with the modules, which required aloooot of reading. I'm currently enrolled in their online program. I find a whole lot better. I'm in sociology which is six weeks. If you follow the outlines and what the professor tells you it you can retain the information. There are resourceful learning materials once you sign up with them. In my opinion, it is worth taking online classess with them. At the time of writing I'm in my 6th week, I take my finals and sign up for the CLEP exam. I start my psych on 4/6/09. Let me know if I can provide you with anymore info.

Page 5 of 6 (81 items)   « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >